Why is my body so F'd!!!

Salley

Reaction score
This is my second cycle where FF has told me I've ovulated because of my temperature but I get all negative opk's. And it seems like every cycle is getting longer and longer. I don't understand what's going on! Does anyone else have this issue? Could there be something significantly wrong with me?

Medications I'm taking (if it helps):
Prescription; Clonazepam 1-2mg as needed, Acyclovir 800mg, Abilify 10mg, Welbutrin 100mg, Mirtazapine 15mg

Supplemental/vitamins; Centrum daily multi vitamin (Women's), Folic Acid 2mg, Biotin 10,000mcg, B-6 100mg, Omega 3 1000mg, Zinc 50mg

This all started in May with a 30 day cycle; preceded by 25, 28, 27, 30, 31, 28 day cycles. My Luteal phase since May has been 14 or 15 days when I previously had 12 or 13 day phases.

Any insight would be tremendously appreciated. I feel like I'm broken and we'll never conceive.

If you want to see my charts, click the FF ticker in my signature.

Last edited:
It looks good that you are getting a luteal phase and CM following the right pattern. Apparently ovulation tests aren't always conclusive, unless you get a blood test. Also my doc who is luckily a fertility doctor says the opk line doesn't have to be as dark as the test line, as long as there's a pattern of a surge, and a clear temperature shift into a luteal phase is a good indicator of ovulation.

Did a quick google of Clonazepam and it said it can cause irregularities in menstruation - don't know if that's a possibility? Apparently, Mirtazapine can have the same effect. Or if you have started taking anything new since the changes in your cycle?

Hope you get to the bottom of this.

Thanks for the response Sunflower. I have read before that you should BD when the line is apparent not necessarily as dark as the control line as that could be too late.

I decided to google myself and what I found is that it's rare for klonopin (clonazepam) to cause irregular menstruation, but it is listed as a potential side effect. I don't really take it as prescribed (3mg/day) I only take it when I'm feeling anxious or know I'm going to be in an anxiety provoking environment (like crowded spaces). So I don't think that's the cause. The Remron (Mirtazapine) I do take nightly for sleep, but I just started taking it within the past month so I don't think that's it either.. I really don't know what's going on.

The only thing that really stands out, aside from the irregularities in my cycles, is that I've gained 30lbs since May (although a lot of these prescription medications can potentially cause weight gain). I know the Abilify has caused me to gain weight for sure, but 30lbs? I really don't know what's going on.. this may just be something that has to be answered by a doctor.

I gained a ton of weight on prescription meds and it really messed up my hormonal balance and cycles so it could be that. Worth getting checked out with a doctor anyway just in case. It's so frustrating isn't it when your body isn't behaving as it should and you don't know why!?

It really is.. In a perfect world these medications would do what they're meant to do and not have side effects like weight gain or hormonal changes. I do hope that's all that's going on, but never hurts to reach out here if for no other reason, to vent it out.

If your temp is showing ovulation that is more accurate than the opks, so I would go by that. I often don't get a positive opk because my surge is very short and it is easy to miss it but temping (and ov pains) confirm if I have actually ovd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back