Why is line not getting darker ?, chemical ?.

lillith112

Reaction score
Had my BFP yesterday, think I was 12dpo not 11, really not sure as I have zero ovulation symptoms. Anyway did another frer today expecting to see a darker line and it's exactly the same as yesterdays ?, shouldn't it be darker after 24hrs ?. I did drink more yesterday but now I'm beating myself up as I went on the trampoline before the bfp, wondering if I damaged something as had right sided ovary cramps that night. I am preparing for the worst, if it is a chemical at least I know I can catch pregnant. x

Attachments

• WP_20160924_09_12_00_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160924_09_12_00_Pro.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 82
I would say the bottom is slightly darker, I wouldn't worry about the progression from CD12-13, try and leave it until Monday and do another FRER.

When I had a chemical, they were very faint lines and didn't get any darker when I tested on CD10, 13 and 15.

Xxx

I would say the bottom is slightly darker, I wouldn't worry about the progression from CD12-13, try and leave it until Monday and do another FRER.

When I had a chemical, they were very faint lines and didn't get any darker when I tested on CD10, 13 and 15.

Xxx

Thanks Bobby, now it's dried it looks maybe slightly darker, I did drink more yesterday but I'm so paranoid due to my age, I think its 75% chance of miscarriage. I will repeat it on Monday, am dreading doing it. My af is due tomorrow x

Last edited:
There is unlikely to be a noticeable difference in just a day. I'll try to attach a photo of my tests and you will see that they stay the same for several days and then take a darker jump, then stay like that for several days again.

The other thing to remember when comparing tests is that they aren't that accurate. The test could have more or less dye in it and the amount of hcg they test for is the minimum, so some tests will be more sensitive than others even in the same brand and same batch number.

So these tests (starting with the orange) are 10dpo then one a day.

Attachments

• DSCF5876.JPG
    DSCF5876.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 77
They're still pretty dark, Id say listen to the ladies and wait till monday :) Good luck :D xxx

on closer inspection , the dpo13 looks more solid! :)

To compare tests I think you really need to leavd it 3 or 4 days to be sure of a noticeably darker line. If it wasn't darker after 4 days I'd be a bit worried. You might see a darker line after just one day but there are so many factors that make the lines vary that a lighter or equal line doesnt mean much. I agree that line does look a bit datker though.

The odds of MC at an older age are daunting but that's because of genetic defects, not jumping on the trampoline. I might not recommend the trampoline in tri 3. But in the early weeks baby is so tiny and well tucked in that it shouldn't do any harm :).

Last edited:
Thanks snowbee, it's reassured me seeing yours, I just thought with frer they are so sensitive you would see definite progression. It doesn't help that I have zero pregnancy symptoms either apart from silly dreams.
Thanks Lulla and Bunny, I will retest on Monday and try not to worry. And no more trampolining lol. xx

As snowbee said. Mine too didn't progress day by day buy instead jumped up in leaps and bounds.

As snowbee said. Mine too didn't progress day by day buy instead jumped up in leaps and bounds.

Thanks hun, I will leave testing until Monday, I will be a nervous wreck doing the test incase it comes out lighter than those 2 . xx

Try not to worry - I tested very early and my line was weaker (had virtually disappeared) on 10dpo than on 9! Still no idea why but I was convinced i'd had a chemical.. 5 days later and the line had appeared again. All very bizarre but just to say there's definitely hope that all is well xx

Try not to worry - I tested very early and my line was weaker (had virtually disappeared) on 10dpo than on 9! Still no idea why but I was convinced i'd had a chemical.. 5 days later and the line had appeared again. All very bizarre but just to say there's definitely hope that all is well xx

Bless you thanks Kate, that is bizarre, I wonder why your line disappeared, how odd. I'm hoping my line is nice and strong on Monday x

Well I couldn't wait until Monday, did another frer this morning and there is still no progression from 12-14dpo, all 3 tests look exactly the same. I would of expected my hcg to have doubled by now. I really don't think this is going to end well at all. I have one frer left which I will do tomorrow morning and if no progression I will ring Dr tomorrow and explain. I can't seem to add pics anymore either, when I click close the window the screen goes blank. xx

Managed to upload now, here's all 3 tests no progression. I've read no progression means impending miscarriage. xx

Attachments

• WP_20160925_08_43_20_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160925_08_43_20_Pro.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 87
This is odd as well. I did an opk ovulation test last night about 8pm and got a really strong line better than the frers, I honestly don't get it ?. xx

Attachments

• WP_20160924_23_00_42_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160924_23_00_42_Pro.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 31
I can definitely see progression from 12-14, and don't forget that your test from day 12 has probably dried a little darker too.. Line progression is only a subtle difference when you go day to day but ring the docs tomorrow for bloods to put your mind at rest :) Try not to agonise over it today, enjoy the fact that for now you are most definitely pregnant xxx

The strength of a line on a pregnancy test gives no indication at all of whether or not a pregnancy will be successful.

For example I've had three miscarriages and with each one my tests were getting darker and darker, even after my baby had stopped growing.

The only way you'll really know for sure, is to get a couple of hcg blood draws to see if your levels are rising.

Try not to stress yourself agonising over the darkness of your tests hun. Says she who had peed on approximately 58854567 tests in the last few weeks to see if they are progressing!

XX

I can definitely see progression from 12-14, and don't forget that your test from day 12 has probably dried a little darker too.. Line progression is only a subtle difference when you go day to day but ring the docs tomorrow for bloods to put your mind at rest :) Try not to agonise over it today, enjoy the fact that for now you are most definitely pregnant xxx

Thanks Kate, I'm so anxious making myself ill, I'm just so paranoid that something is going to go horribly wrong. I've been looking at peoples frers online and all the ones I've seen have good progression so I'm thinking the worst because of my age 44yrs... I'll ring Dr tomorrow see if I can get blood tests. xx

The strength of a line on a pregnancy test gives no indication at all of whether or not a pregnancy will be successful.

For example I've had three miscarriages and with each one my tests were getting darker and darker, even after my baby had stopped growing.

The only way you'll really know for sure, is to get a couple of hcg blood draws to see if your levels are rising.

Try not to stress yourself agonising over the darkness of your tests hun. Says she who had peed on approximately 58854567 tests in the last few weeks to see if they are progressing!

XX

So sorry for your loses Emily. I will try not to stress but it's so hard now knowing these 3 tests are all the same, I see no progression in real life they all look the same. I'll ring Dr tomorrow see if I can get bloods done. xx

I didn't see any major progression with mine until after five weeks even my frer wasn't equal lines. The first clear blue plus I did was stupidly faint and the digital picked it up next day and everything is ok so far :) keep faith a line doesn't always mean the worse x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back