Why is he doing this?!

Leah04x

Reaction score
Ethan is driving me up the bloody wall!!

It all started when he was poorly, and obviously he was very miserable and clingy which was to be expected. He's now 100% better and he's fake crying/whinging constantly, fake coughing, almost always clinging to my leg!
Before he was poorly, he was such an independent little boy - just did his own thing, I played with him, he didn't really like cuddles etc.. Now he's gone the complete opposite and wants to be attached to my hip!

Not sure if babies this young would attention seek?! If it is that, I don't understand why he feels the need to do it, as he has my attention all day long..

Just don't understand the drastic change?!

xx

How old is he hun? Separation anxiety?

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

He's 8.5 months xx

8 months is a classic age for separation anxiety. Dont push him away. Play games of peek-a-boo and similar so he feels reassured you will come back. Most babies have it to some degree and its normal

He's 8.5 months xx

8 months is a classic age for separation anxiety. Dont push him away. Play games of peek-a-boo and similar so he feels reassured you will come back. Most babies have it to some degree and its normal

Ahh brilliant, thanks knopk xx

I was going to say it sounds like he's at that age where he just wants mummy. Max did the same. However he soon got back to his confident self and was happy to go off and play by himself again xxx

Tylers doing it aswell at the moment Leah...he's been shouting 'mumumum' a lot lately,its so cute but don't get a minute lol. Hopefully it passes soon xx

Harry is doing this too, very clingy and cries when I turn around and leave him playing! He's just over 10 months x

Thanks ladies!
Hopefully it passes soon.. I'm liking him being all for me, as he's never really been like that - but every minute of the day?! Really? lol.. I don't get a minute to myself xx

Thanks ladies!
Hopefully it passes soon.. I'm liking him being all for me, as he's never really been like that - but every minute of the day?! Really? lol.. I don't get a minute to myself xx

It will pass hun. Hide behind corner/door/sofa and play peek a boo. Gradually make hiding time longer. It will help him to realise you will come back.

Is Ethan still doing this Leah? Harry is getting worse! All he's done is cry this morning and wrap his arms around my legs every time I move! I work full time and this week is school hols so I wonder if he's clingy as he's not used to having me around (that sounds awful doesn't it! :-() x

Is Ethan still doing this Leah? Harry is getting worse! All he's done is cry this morning and wrap his arms around my legs every time I move! I work full time and this week is school hols so I wonder if he's clingy as he's not used to having me around (that sounds awful doesn't it! :-() x

Yeah he's still doing it! Not as bad with clinging around the legs, but still whining/crying when I'm not insight or he doesn't have 100% of my attention xx

So glad you posted this thread, LM has been the same and its driving me potty!! She whinges when she's perfectly fine, grr!

8 months is a hard age!! Xxx

tapatalking x

So glad you posted this thread, LM has been the same and its driving me potty!! She whinges when she's perfectly fine, grr!

8 months is a hard age!! Xxx

tapatalking x

I agree! Newborn days were a walk in the park compared to now haha.
Ethan's on the move now so I spend all day running around after him and he's suddenly decided 4:30am is time to get up & play!! Lol
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back