Why front facing carrys are bad for you and your baby

Dragonfly Fi

Reaction score
this is a great link for people wanting to carry their babies in a sling which is a wonderful way to bond and connect with your child

there are some 'mainstream' carriers and carries that are very bad for the childs mental and physical development and should be avoided

here is a good link to why, i will update this thread too x

http://www.slingguide.co.uk/frontcarries.php

Hey, Just read a few of the links from the other thread, really v interesting, thanks bigbump. After reading this I am loathe to use my baby bjorn (luckily it was leant by a mate, not bought) and will just use moby. Was looking at the beco and ergo carriers, they look good. Anyone have any experience?

no personal experience but have only heard good things about ergos - just make sure the seat they are sat in is nice un wide :) Now when i look at baby slings i think 'would i like to sit on that!' lol

and the baby bjorns always give a resounding NO!

Jasper looks round loads facing inwards, i dont think its antisocial and now i have a ringsling which i use to wear him more on the side of me so he gets more of a forwards view :)

thanks for reading - hope it helps - will put the links from the other thread in here also :D xxx

that is really interesting, it is a shame though that the research is not better available though...

Very interesting x I hate carriers like the baby bjorn ones anyway but it's good to have research to show why I'm right to dislike them! I love my moby!!!!

mobys are good, its when the baby gets heavier people start to look for more structured carriers :)

hoping to get an ergo for christmas from the in laws or at least some money towards it, v excited!!

Interesting reading, thanks. We got given a baby bjorn for free but I have bought a Kari-me strechy sling which I am much more keen on - even got DH to try it yesterday (with teddy in it :) ) and he said he found it much more comfy than the baby bjorn so think I might have converted him to soft slings too. Just cant wait to try it out when LO arrives :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back