Why does everyone think im pregnant!!

Nemi

Reaction score
:wall2:

Social media can be bloody dangerous!

Just been on facebook and a friend of mine posted a picture up of a tiny newborn baby, her sister commented on it asking if it was Steve and Nemi's baby! I literally burst into tears when I saw the comment. Everyone is expecting us to have a baby as we have been married for a few years now and for some reason it is just not happening.

It feels like every time I meet up with friends they ask me when I am going to have a baby! LIKE I HAVE A CHOICE!!! I feel like yelling at them and it actually puts me off meeting up with people beacuse I can't stand how it makes me feel.

I'm feeling so emotional atm especially as af has been weird this cycle and started with intense pain and bleeding after dtd and has carried on with light start stop bleeding for the last 3 or 4 days which is totally not normal and now I'm super worried there is something wrong with me especially after 2 years of ttc.

Sorry for the rant! Just needed to let it out

Last edited:
Awww honeyyy. Hugs. I totally understand and it happened to us for ages (think most have given up now though!!!). It's so annoying that people think you can just get pregnant by clicking your fingers when for many it is so much harder. Xxxx

I would go to your doctor if you haven't already and push for some tests, especially as your cycles have changed xx

I feel your pain, hugs. People have stopped commenting on us now and that is almost more depressing!

Chin up nemi. You've got to get in the positive vibe. I know things are tough and I think actually remember you from when I was on in 2014. It's a long struggle and certain things get us down from time to time it's only natural. I dread meeting up with my friends too just waiting for them to ask because all I can say is it'll happen when it happens and shrug it off, I do laugh about it but inside I'm breaking. I even had a dream last night that my best friend found out she was expecting again and I felt awful. As much as I'd love her to have another one, it just made me think... Well what about me? When's my time? I guess what I'm trying to say (from experience) is we're only human and feelings are natural but we need to stay positive for the sake of staying sane.

I hope that makes sense. Hugs to you hunni and of course that's what this forum is here for :) xx

I hate how the very day you get married everyone starts asking 'sooooo, when are you having kids?'.

Hubby and I were married for 6 years before we even started trying, and while we weren't trying I just said 'yeah, plenty of time for that' and didn't really care that much. But once we started trying and failing and I wanted it to happen so badly it was such an upsetting question. I feel for you Nemi and send you many many hugs. They don't mean to upset you, they are just clueless to how difficult it can be. Come up with a good stock of default answers to things like that. Jenks125's 'it'll happen when it happens' is a good one.

I really feel for you Nemi. Our son is 7 and a half and we've had people ask us when we're having another for years, when we weren't trying it was easy to laugh the question off but now we're 10 months down the line it's really upsetting. I've found myself feeling like I need to justify why I'm not pregnant in the middle of asda, when I actually just want to shout it's not from a lack of trying now f*ck off! Have you been to the doctors hun? You should definitely be getting some help this far down the line. Sending you a hug :hug: xxx

Last edited:
I know exactly wat you mean after we got married it was wen u gaving kids then wen we had elise its wen u having another unfortunately we miscarried one people didnt knos wat to say but there was ond womsn i eorked with that i graduslly got to hating so much

Wen she askd wen minion mark 2 was coming along i had an outburst an she never askx again mainly cos i stopped spking to her as she is a nasty nasty perdon

Chin up an try an get the positive vibes ironically i gof the vibe thd month before i founf out i was pregnant xx

I think each end of the spectrum you get it. Almost immediately after we had Jackson people constantly asked oh when will you have another, or something along those lines.

It really annoys me when people but into other fertility, mind your own and pop out your own I say.

Theres a few in my work who have chosen not to have children for their own reasoms (perhaps more that I dont know of) but they get it constantly to a point one of the girls was sitting defending herself on a works night out whilst people chimmed in aww just have one just have one. I actually fear she has difficulties because she knows about me and commented it might be her soon and when I said I didnt know she was trying (after the protest at the night out) she quickly laughed it off so I do wonder.. But we should never assume judge or push anything on anyone. Esp not knowing any circumstances.

Perhaps just tell folk your enjoying each others time, hopefully people will get fed up hearing that and you can focus on your life without the added pressure.

Social media does suck, esp for announcements. Perhaps take a break from fb too? Can be a bit daunting.

Keep your chin up and as the girls have said, perhaps a GP visit to reassure yourself.

Good luck, I hope it happens very soon for you.

xxxx

Yeah, we said for about 3 years we wanted to spend time just enjoying being married! After last night we seem to be on the brink of divorce so that gives us a completely different excuse hahaa! Men! Xx

Yeah, we said for about 3 years we wanted to spend time just enjoying being married! After last night we seem to be on the brink of divorce so that gives us a completely different excuse hahaa! Men! Xx

Its a shame people have to think of excuses in the first place, it really is a personal subject..

Men are so flippant when it comes to fertility too it seems. Hope you can resolve your differences, failing that a good throat punch may work :p

xxxx

Thank you all for your lovely messages.

I went out in the end and had a lovely time, no annoying baby questions asked (I sometimes wonder if people can sense when you are close to breaking point)

Feeling much more positive about it all now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back