Why does everyone suddenly feel the need to touch base?

star fish

Reaction score
I have posted several times about how annoying I find the constant phone calls from family etc, but it's actually ramped up now to friends who I havent spoken to in years all calling :shock:

I mean, for goodness sake! I know they can see on facebook that I am expecting and I know its almost christmas but what the hell is going on that people are suddenly wanting to 'get in touch' or 'see how I am' and most unbelievable is the comments of 'you must let me know as soon as he's born'.

Why? Why would you care? We've hardly spoken for at least a year and now you want to be the first to know when i have a baby?

This isnt just one person either! I took 3 phone calls last night from totally unexpected "friends"!

Is this happening to anyone else or is it just some freakish occurance?

Something similar happened to me at work. People who barely said hello suddenly wanted a daily account of my pregnancy. Weird ;-)

im waiting for this to happen to me lol. will be nice to be horrid to ppl as they made me feel bad by ignoring me for so long

What I find weird is people who I'm not particulary close to who appear to be more excited than me about babys arrival. I think new babies do something to some people. I've never been like that so don't really relate. Maybe I'll change once my LO is here.

Last edited:
Hi Kitty, I'm the same, I've never been all that interested in someone elses new baby. Certainly not enough to start insisting they call me as soon as they have news!

I had lunch with some old work colleagues who said they would arrange a date to come to visit in January. I was a bit shocked and said "Maybe wait a while til I've got used to having him and got some control back with the house etc". "Oh no", was the reply "we want to see him when he's a new born". Ummm, feck off?

LOL I know! I am going to go into work towards the end of DH's pat leave. Just because I know it's going to be easier to achieve with two of us getting all the stuff together and going out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back