why do people feel the need to tell you horror stories?

loopylou83

Reaction score
I'm 23 plus 5 and have been feeling movement for a couple of weeks but I can still have days when I barely feel her at all-anyone else? I was fine with this as I guessed she still had lots of room but now a friend was telling me about someone she worked with who was a couple of weeks further on from me and lost the baby due to lack of movement(she had been to the hospital and they said it was fine) so now I start to panic when she has a quiet day! Wish people would keep their stories to themselves sometimes! X

Ah Loopylou I agree with you. I wish people would keep their horrible stories to their selves. I'm not as far on as you so I haven't got to the movement stage yet. I know from friends that babies do have quiet days. Sorry I am not much use xxxx

Don't panic have u a Doppler u can use at home I got one and used it not everyday just a few times to check as my placenta at front now i can feel movemts and c bump move x btw in the heat bump was quiet but I think if ur hot n bothered so is baby

Hi loopylou83, im 26 weeks and dont feel my baby move sometimes although if i get worried i tend to drink a cold drink and lay on my side as they reckon thats what helps get it moving :) i wouldnt worry too much at this stage though - but i know easier said than done!

I remember at my pregnancy announcement at 14 weeks i got asked the question "do you fear childbirth?" And another person told me all about her stillborn at 40 weeks... yes i am not void of sympathy and felt bad for her, she did have 3 more children after that but i just thought it was a tad inappropriate to bring up at that very moment... maybe its just me though.

Anyway my point is people will always say negative things whether intentional or not, the main thing is how you deal with and react to it :) every pregnancy is different and unique and what happens to somebody probably wont happen to you hon.

Enjoy and keep smiling :) x

I'm 25 weeks tomorrow and my baby often has quiet days but all is fine, I put it down to growth spurts.
I feel you on the horror stories front though, I had couple of days of cramping and someone freaked me out so much telling me I might be in labour I ended up calling hospital. It was just bad stretching pains! x

There'll always be people ready with horror stories - I had a decorator in last week telling me about his wife's problems after having their child!!! I also have a horror story of my own that I have to deal with. I really don't need other people's too.

Babies are all different and they'll all have different patterns of movement, whether it's a lot or a little. You have to tune into your own baby's movement and I don't think I was aware of a pattern last time until I was around 28 weeks.

This time round I've had very little movement and some days nothing at all. I don't like it as it's different to what I had last time. Not even drinking a cold drink makes the baby move about, which is really infuriating! Usually I just get a random kick out of the blue and that makes me relax again!

Your baba is probably going through a little growth spurt, they tend to quiet down when they're having a growth spurt! My baba is so active and I feel him/her everyday, but I have days where I don't feel him/her! It's completely normal so don't panic! Ice cold water always gets bubs moving so maybe try that? Also they go into your back sometimes so it's hard to feel them! There's so many reasons! Don't listen to horror stories, I don't! Everyone's pregnancy is different and everyone's baby is different! relax Hun :) x x

Last edited:
Yes I agree! My Nan had a stillborn son years ago and I have always known and about 2 weeks before my due date with my son my Nan brought it up I was like uh thanks for that!! Of all times. Then a woman me and my parents know she had a still born daughter about 7 years ago and since bad a daughter and she was like oh people say when you reach 12 weeks everything's fine and that stillborn baby can happen to anyone which of course I know and it made me worry even more. My mum was fuming with her as she knows I've had 2 miscarriages & worry like crazy ! xx

Thanks ladies, wasn't really worrying but baby just had a big kicking session which was a relief-to be fair it was our school leavers party at nursery today and I think now is the first time I've actually sat dowb and relaxed all day so that's probably why! Haha- love feeling her kick though :D x

Flipping horror stories I hate them I swear done people don't have a brain lol hope all is ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back