Why didn't I just OPK?

russellmuscle

Reaction score
:wave:

Hey girls

Wondering if you can help confirm my estimations to give me peace of mind..

I decided (stupidly) not to OPK for a more relaxed approach and whilst I am, I am now kind of peeved I dunno my actual OV date.

So anyway Im on CD13 I have a 28d regular cycle. I usually OV CD13/14. AF finished early CD5 and we have been DTDin every two days since then. I got EWCM CD9, which your meant to get a few days before. We dtd CD9, then has been every day since CD11. On the day of CD12, I got some bad cramping couldnt tell a particular side but I do usually get OV pains usually when my surge is present. And since then my CM is now thin and lotiony.

Now I dont track cervix position because its just gross and a pain but I did last night and it was kind of medium like not super low but low enough to find, soft and squishy - and when we DTD it was super tight, and felt like everything was all swollen. The dtding was quite painful actually lol.

Now, from my guesses is today is OV day? I know its super hard to tell without an Opk but I want peace of mind. It also means tomorrow Im in my 2ww. I want as many days knocked off as possible albeit 1.

Thanks for any insight. I kinda have made my theory I just need some people to agree. :lol:

xxxx

Last edited:
I personally can't rely on my cervix... it generally changes through the day for all ladies but the one thing I have noticed is, it does tend to stay more squishy throughout the day when you are ovulating or near AF.

If you have ew/watery cm with it I'd say you're near ovulation/ovulating (saying that I've bbt and seen that I've oved 2 days after ewcm with creamy cm so were all different). Your best bet is to check it tomorrow at the same time as it's a bit like BBTing.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, I hope you haven't missed it x

Last edited:
I personally can't rely on my cervix... it generally changes through the day for all ladies but the one thing I have noticed is, it does tend to stay more squishy throughout the day when you are ovulating or near AF.

If you have ew/watery cm with it I'd say you're near ovulation/ovulating (saying that I've bbt and seen that I've oved 2 days after ewcm with creamy cm so were all different). Your best bet is to check it tomorrow at the same time as it's a bit like BBTing.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, I hope you haven't missed it x

I wasnt 100% on the cervix cause I neeeverr check lol.

We hopefully havent missed it dtding every other day and past 2 nights.

Id more like to know for testing...

Damned if you do or dont :lol:

Thanks love.

xxxx

I didn't use opks this cycle as was trying to have a less stressful approach - just estimated based on when I usually ovulate, although think I must have ovulated later than I thought. Think I have just got my positive though so I recommend the less stress approach! Just carry on dtd just in case :) xxx

I didn't use opks this cycle as was trying to have a less stressful approach - just estimated based on when I usually ovulate, although think I must have ovulated later than I thought. Think I have just got my positive though so I recommend the less stress approach! Just carry on dtd just in case :) xxx

Tbh Id say not OPKing is more stressful for me. I dont go overboard with the testing..

I will be resuming OPKs next month. Cant be doing with guesswork :lol:

We are doing smep, so its not a case of if I catch it because we are dtding alot. I just like to know, Im a bit of a control freak.. :lol:

xxxx

Last edited:
Could've written this myself! I didn't OPK either, naturally ovulate on CD10 but last month (after IVF) it was a textbook CD14. I'm on CD12 and not had any cramping/pains but I have had EWCM the last two days (although none yet today). So I've got no idea if I've ovulated already without cramping or if I've yet to do so.

What CD are you on now? For me, I believe I ovulate the day I get the pains as AF arrives bang on 14 days after. If we BD after ov, I tend to be tight and dry and when not taking any supplements it can hurt. So I think you probably have already ovulated - maybe yesterday?

Can't be doing with cervix-checking... It seems to change for no apparent reason and quite often just feels the same. Plus it's not reliable anyway xx

Hi do you use an app? If you do can u try and compare your symptoms from the last couple of cycles to this one? Such as compare your cm to the cycle day you're on now? That's what I normally do if I don't use opks but do have to agree with you about it being very stressful when not using opks...good luck!! Xx

Could've written this myself! I didn't OPK either, naturally ovulate on CD10 but last month (after IVF) it was a textbook CD14. I'm on CD12 and not had any cramping/pains but I have had EWCM the last two days (although none yet today). So I've got no idea if I've ovulated already without cramping or if I've yet to do so.

What CD are you on now? For me, I believe I ovulate the day I get the pains as AF arrives bang on 14 days after. If we BD after ov, I tend to be tight and dry and when not taking any supplements it can hurt. So I think you probably have already ovulated - maybe yesterday?

Can't be doing with cervix-checking... It seems to change for no apparent reason and quite often just feels the same. Plus it's not reliable anyway xx

Its so annoying isnt it? That one pink line confirming I ovd is enough but why I decided this would be less confusing I dunno.

Umm Im putting myself as 1dpo today CD14. I usually get a +opk CD 11 then would OV cd13 or 14. I had bad cramping on CD12 in the morning so I deffo think I ovd yesterday.. My AF is the same, shows up bang on 14dpo but Cycle 2 I ovd cd12 and af did come early so I guess Im just cautious of that happening again.

Yesterday CM was totally dry so I do think it was yest I OVd. Im deffo opking next cycle. At least I will know when to test but on the plus side. If I have OVd any earlier albeit a day, Ill be missing af by 1 day when I test.

Im not gonna test early this month. Due AF 25TH, 24th if I ovd CD13. I always get confused as on the countdown to pregnancy when to test it says 15dpo should be day of af?

xxxx

Last edited:
Good luck with smep :)

Yeh not opk'ing made me stress a bit during the tww but I found around ovulation time I was more relaxed not using them.

Fx you won't need to worry about next cycle ;-)
Xxx

Hi do you use an app? If you do can u try and compare your symptoms from the last couple of cycles to this one? Such as compare your cm to the cycle day you're on now? That's what I normally do if I don't use opks but do have to agree with you about it being very stressful when not using opks...good luck!! Xx

Yeah I use Ovia which lets you detail each symptom but not bothered with it this cycle as I am doing SMEP so dont really need to check when to bd as such.

My fertile days are always wrong on the app because it puts an average. Its got my fertile week 9th onwards but I OVd yesterday so if I were to go by those dates and bd Id have missed because your best chance is lead up to OV.

The symptoms Ive compared just in my head and roughly what I get each cycle points to OV being yesterday.

Im just needing others to agree, since I dont have a plus opk to confirm :lol:

Never again!!

xxxx

Good luck with smep :)

Yeh not opk'ing made me stress a bit during the tww but I found around ovulation time I was more relaxed not using them.

Fx you won't need to worry about next cycle ;-)
Xxx

Thank you hun. We did it half arsed last cycle to no avail but its served me good before.

Deffo, I wasnt stressing about when to opk but in turn its given me the when did I ov if I ovd stress :lol:

Thank you, I hope so too. But Im more of a cup half empty when it comes to my own TTC experiences, for everyone else I seem to give cup half full advice. Hypocrite :lol:

xxxx

Last edited:
Have you got the app set to how many days your cycle normally is? I find that can alter things aswell...if you think you ovulated on cd13 then I would count 14 days from the day after that :) yea deffo confusing my af shows up dead on 2weeks after I get a negative opk...I like to watch them get darker and then get lighter lol xx

Have you got the app set to how many days your cycle normally is? I find that can alter things aswell...if you think you ovulated on cd13 then I would count 14 days from the day after that :) yea deffo confusing my af shows up dead on 2weeks after I get a negative opk...I like to watch them get darker and then get lighter lol xx

Yepp. It lets me also put in my exact OV date then compares it. It changes my fertility score too ie better chances on certain days.

I just feel I cant compute my cycles, sometimes technology and ttc dont mix :lol:

Ill probably only be a day forward or behind as I dont normally ov later than cd14, which is what an average person does with a 28reg but I seem to mostly be CD13 so going as 1DPO today, CD14.

xxxx

Yea I find with that 1 it alters your day by the info you put in aswell...I got everything crossed for you this month! Especially if you did smep...I'm planning on doing that next month if I don't get my bfp this month :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back