why can't i find a thread on natural induction at home?

iwanttobeamumm

Reaction score
why can't i find a thread on natural induction at home?
i'm due a week tomorrow and midwife says i will be induced on my due date if she doesn't come before then because of complications with her movements and position so want her to come naturally before next Saturday any help? i know most things should be checked with gp/ midwife first xx :wall2: GET OUT!!!! :wall2:

First I'd say to do your own research and don't be pressured into an induction if you don't agree with their reasons. There is certainly a place for induction, so I'm not saying it's the wrong decision, but some some doctors and MWs are a little induction happy and can be quite forceful about their opinions.

I do think that nothing you can do at home will work if your body is not ready but if your body is close you might be able to nudge it in the right direction. My midwife recommended to try:

Raspberry leaf tea
Pineapple
sex
homeopathic remedies
reflexology
acupuncture
a membrane sweep

I drank a huge pot of raspberry leaf tea took homeopathic remedies and had sex just before labour started. It wasn't the first time I tried any of those things but it was the first time I'd done them all at the same time. I was more than a week overdue though so it had to happen some time.

As far as I am aware you cannot have an actual medical induction at home?

I think you need to contact your actual MW and have a chat with her hun, see what your options are?

xxxxxxxxx

I don't see any reason for induction unless you are nearing the 42week mark and mothing is happening? Most babies arrive after 40 weeks anyway, it is just a guess date and not due basically. As long as you are in good health and so is the baby I wouldn't agree on induction because if the baby is not ready an induction won't make you have a nice quick and smooth birth. Intervention is great when really needed t not just standard procedure.

As far as I am aware you cannot have an actual medical induction at home?

I think you need to contact your actual MW and have a chat with her hun, see what your options are?

xxxxxxxxx

im not asking about medical induction at home im asking about natural induction like listed above raspberry leaf and pineapple

First I'd say to do your own research and don't be pressured into an induction if you don't agree with their reasons. There is certainly a place for induction, so I'm not saying it's the wrong decision, but some some doctors and MWs are a little induction happy and can be quite forceful about their opinions.

I do think that nothing you can do at home will work if your body is not ready but if your body is close you might be able to nudge it in the right direction. My midwife recommended to try:

Raspberry leaf teatwo to three cups a day
Pineappleoxytocin is in the core you need to have a lot of it too so try food processing a whole pinapple n keep drinking
sexparticularly doggy style as it puts pressure on cervix but any sex is good due to sperm being the natrual form of the gel they use for induction
homeopathic remedies
reflexology
acupuncture
a membrane sweep

I drank a huge pot of raspberry leaf tea took homeopathic remedies and had sex just before labour started. It wasn't the first time I tried any of those things but it was the first time I'd done them all at the same time. I was more than a week overdue though so it had to happen some time.

Also iv added to this in bold and also heard spicey foods as clear out bowels and the knocking of bowel on cervix helps walking lots helps as does rocking on a bouncy ball too xx

raspberry leaf tea does not induce labour.....it strengthens and tones the muscles of the uterus in order to aid contractions pushing and shrinking after birth.
you have to eat at least 8 raw pinapples to get enough of the natural chemical to have any chance of inducing labour
castor oil is a bit dnagerous nowdays as it can make baby poo and mw's will think baby is in distress or be unable to tell if baby is distressed.

sex - blowjobs and normal sex can kick off labour due to protiens in the sperm and from 'shaking things up' down there.
nipple stimulation releases natural oxytocin which can start off labour if baby is ready to come
a membrane sweep from the mw can kick things off
climbing stairs sideways like a crab
long walks
bouncng on a ball
scrubbing the floor
evening primrose oil capsules inserted vaginally
epo taken orally
clary sage oil in bath or massaged into bump using a carrier oil
more sex lol
spicy food

these are the things ive been told work orthings i tried last time
the sweep worked for me at 40+3

i took RLT from 32 weeks last time too, 1 cup a day then upped it 1 cup extra every week, so 32 weeks 1 cupper day, 33 weeks 2 cups per day, 34 weeks 3 cups per daytil i got to 5/6 cups a day then i just stayed at that til birth

I read the same about raspberry tea but I'm sure it made my BH contractions stronger, to the point I stopped drinking it for a few days because I felt they were stronger than they should be. The day I started drinking it again I started getting really strong BH again which turned into labour so I do wonder if it helped with the kick off.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back