Who's off sick?

umbongo

Reaction score
I am on my second day this week.I feel like I've had loads, feel really bad. But what can you do? It's all been genuine!
This week I have a virus and my wisdom tooth is playing up, causing swollen glands, sore throat, earache, headache and sinus pain. Finally gave in and took paracetamol. felt very sorry for myself earlier. Need to snap out of it and try and go back tomorrow i think.

Anyone else joining the sick gang?

I had two days off in a row at beginning on May. Felt awful tbh. Csnt be helped though

Don't feel bad about having time off!

Obviously employers are never happy but sod them... just keep thinking how you're not going to see them for a full year! ha - not long til maternity leave is it?

hope you feel better, wisdom tooth pain is a bitch :( xx

Me too. I went back to work last week and been off since wednesday with another kidney infection. Ive not been there since getting pregnant, been constantly ill. Think ive only been in for a max of 2 weeks since new year. Feel awful but baba comes first and im not going to stress about it. Hopefully ill be back on thursday. Im putting all my hols in before maternity so works out i finish in about 4-6 weeks. Xx

Oh you sound in right pain umbongo, hope it eases soon for you.

This is the only time ive been a stay at home mum so im lucky in that if im feeling rubbish with the sickness or lack of sleep i dont have to go to a job, i can cook all the breakfasts and do lunches for my big kids in pj's, but my 2 yr old seems to think its funny to reduce my nights sleep even more, just to test me! Ha

Last edited:
I won't be going back at all as contract ends so even less reason to feel guilty!

I have gone back today after 7 weeks off (sciatica) fairy good shift but shattered lay on the sofa and slept for an hour when I got back. Working tom and Fri. Have phased return so 3 days back for 2 weeks then 4 days for 2 weeks, (paid for 5) then back on 5 days a week. Doing lighter duties but they were going to kick in at 28 weeks so doing it 2 weeks earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back