Who's not got a nursery?

mablestarr

Reaction score
As the title suggests really, who does not have a nursery for their baby?

With Tomos I did up his nursery when he was about 3 to 4 months old, up unitl then he slept in a moses basket in the spare room and one of us would sleep part of the night in the spare room. He was such a noisy sleeper I just couldn't sleep all night in the same room as him!!

This time round whilst pregnant I thought about doing up the nursery for Ana, but she will eventually go in what is now a spare room with a double bed in it. We have ordered a new 3 piece suite with sofa bed for the lounge as if we loose the double bed then there will be nowhere for anyone to stay.

The 3 piece suite is due to be delivered next week, but now I'm thinking I shouldn't rush to turn the spare room into a nursery as I'm quite happy to have her in our room for a while. And part of me thinks I could get rid of the desk in the spare room and her cot would fit there.

But then the guilt sets in.

I spent a lot of time and money on Tomos' nursery as I wanted a specific jungle theme. I ordered cot bedding from USA and painted the walls in a jungle design myself. He is now 2 and a half nd still has the same bedding on his bed and the same paintwork on the wall, and I know it will last a while for him. And I feel I should be doing the same now for Ana, but first of all I have no inspiration for what I want the nursery to look like and second she probably won't even go there properly for a few months.

Also as silly as it sounds I see others with photo's of nurseries done at like 20 weeks (not just on here but friends/colleagues etc) and I think why on earth haven't I done a nursery!!

I wouldn't worry. There's no point doing anything until you're sure of the design and what you want. Some people are so keen to do it early and others prefer to wait. I waited till maternity leave to do ours - 36 weeks. Even that was just painting the walls and getting wall stickers. She's now 5 and a half months and just gone into her own room. So I could have waited even longer.

I think wait until you know what to do. Don't feel guilty it's not as if you're never going to do it, just in your own time!

I love the name Ana by the way :)
Xxx

We don't have one, I find the idea of a nursery a bit pointless. I can't stand all matchy stuff either. My baby sleeps in our room in his cot. He has some drawers in the spare room but that is all. His bedding doesn't all co ordinate and i am not interested in fancy wall decals or what lampshade. When he is older and more independent he will of course have his own room etc, until then i am certain he cares not a jot that tge cot sheet doesn't match the lampshade or the paint colour clashes with the mobile.

So, no. Don't worry about it!

We don't have a nursery but it's more down to our circumstances than anything else. My parents live with us, so we live on the top floor in two rooms, one a lounge and one a bedroom. J sleeps in a cot in our room. When she is older or another baby comes along then we will move J to my mum's office which is the floor below and turn it into a nursery. But for now we are happy for her to be in with us. I think I'd miss her.

Do whatever you feel is right, you don't have to do what everyone else does. x

We've never had a nursery. B is our third and her room is full of boxes from our move last November! She'll probably end up in her big sisters room. I'm all for second hand stuff and I don't really do matching stuff etc I'm too u unorganised and things like that don't really bother me. Sometimes I wish I did people's nurseries look lovely!! Xxx

I only got things when we moved him in.his own room ( this January, he was over 1 year old).
Tbh i wasnt fussed as he will wany other things.when he grows up. He is 2 in September and we are moving him to a different room and he chose lampshade etc.
Only wall decall we bought was stars and planets.that glow in the dark,.he loves it!

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

we don't have one, i find the idea of a nursery a bit pointless. I can't stand all matchy stuff either. My baby sleeps in our room in his cot. He has some drawers in the spare room but that is all. His bedding doesn't all co ordinate and i am not interested in fancy wall decals or what lampshade. When he is older and more independent he will of course have his own room etc, until then i am certain he cares not a jot that tge cot sheet doesn't match the lampshade or the paint colour clashes with the mobile.

So, no. Don't worry about it!

wss :)

My lo doesn't have a nursery. I love having her in with us. When she's older she will have a bedroom, but for the foreseeable future she will be with us.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Makes it feel better knowing that not everyone has a nursery. At the moment we are all in one room, Ana spends most of the night in her moses basket and OH, Tomos and I are in the bed, and sometimes even the cat comes to join us. So glad its been a bit cooler last couple of nights.

We're in a one bed until at least January (a massive one bed but still...)

I love having James in with us and think it will be a wrench when we move.

We would never have had a typical nursery though? If we'd had a second bedroom I think we'd have kept it as a spare until James was old enough to go into it and then made it his room

xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back