Who's had the flu jab?

coruscating17

Reaction score
I'm a nurse so am advised to get one every year but never have as I've never had the flu and the side effects from the jab can be horrible. Not sure whether to get one now I'm pregnant..my midwife has advised it but it's not compulsory. Hmmm

I've had it twice and I'm glad as I've already caught two virus cold and not feeling pretty still x

i did as your more prone when pregnant and my nurse said swine flu was higher in pregnant women

I've had it. No side effects for me or many other ladies on here.

And would rather have side effects than the chance of actually getting the flu

Yeah fair enough. Guess I should have it this time just because I'm pregnant :)

I don't think I'll get it.
I remember reading about all the chemicals they put into it and it scared the hell out of me. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I'm a student nurse, and have seen someone with severe swine flu (didn't realise I was pregnant at the time!) and they we're extremely poorly. I think I will, I'd rather have the side affects than ending up in hospital with swine flu. It's everybodys own personal choice though x

they dont put chemicals in it so to speak, our bodies are made up of those self same chemicals really, its just an inert (dead) form of the virus basically to give your body a pattern to make antibodies.

i had mine and had no side effects and havent been sick since the first tri before i had the jab. your immune system is lowered while preg and what could be a normal cold can turn life threatening when your immunity is compromised. everyone should get the jab to protect their unborn baby. one of the girls who has just given birth lost her sister to swine flu last year and another lady lost her baby just after birth partly she thinks due to her having swine flu while preg. other ppl have said that catching the flu while preg contributed to brain damage in babies and other complications. all that can be prevented by taking a little injection.

i dont wanna be preachy and i totally understand that a lot of ppl dont take vaccinations anymore as they think its unneccessary but id urge everyone to seriously consider it and at least research the subject before deciding to risk not getting theirs.

Last edited:
I asked at my doctors and they told me that now is not the right season!!! But i can go and buy it from Tesco???!!!

i had it and i had no side affects or anything! better being safe than sorry xx

I've only just found out so do you think i should ask? :)

They have not even asked me to have it yet...I have asthma too. Last year I was asked to have it at 6 weeks not sure why they haven't asked...could it be that I haven't had a preg test done at docs, I just saw midwife instead. I've not been to docs since I found out.

My mum doesn't want me to have it, but she old fashion and none of us had jabs as babies :oooo:

I had it before I got pregnant cos I have asthma but only felt a little crap for about an hour in the evening of having it. Every year I have got the flu but not since I had the jab! I'm all for it :)

I've had mine, no side effects at all, glad me and baby are not protected! Xx

I'm also a nurse and I had mine once I was 14 weeks. Had no side effects from it xx

I get it every year anyway cos of my asthma so this year was no different. Even if I didn't have asthma I would probably get it anyway cos I work with snotty five year olds!! You pick up all sorts of bugs at school so would definitely get it xx

Last edited:
Yeah I'm erring on the side of caution and will probably get it. As I said I've never had flu in my life so haven't bothered getting the jab before, but I would hate to get it now and feel guilty for not having the jab. I totally believe in getting all the other immunisations, and our baby will have them all too, but just wasn't sure about this one as I've always avoided it! Will get my bum to the docs next week then ;) Thanks for the input everyone!

I've never had it before but was advised as am pregnant. Gave me a sore arm for a day and that was it. I don't think I've ever had really severe flu, but I saw all the stories about pregnant women being much more susceptible to swine flu and it scared me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back