Whooping cough vaccine

I had it at 28 weeks and am very pro-vaccine. I read up on it and there is an increasing number of cases of babies developing whooping cough in their first 8 wks of life before any other jabs given and this is why it is now considered best to be given to mum in pregnancy. Also when my mother had me and whooping cough vaccine was offered when i was a couple of months old (albeit 1982), she refused it as there was a bit of bad press about it at the time - i ended up contracting whooping cough at 8 months old and being quite seriously ill in hosp, it really is a horrific illness from what my mum told me as u do literally cough till u are choking and struggling to breathe. She really regrets listening to scaremongering and not vaccinating me x

Also some food for thought here, these vaccines cost money for research to make them and distribution... I doubt theyre going to bother spending time and manpower to produce a vaccine thats not in the best interests of mum/baby and reduction of people in hospital with said disease?

I've just seen this thread... And I hadn't even given it any thought! I think I'll have it done... I used to do some anti vac research when I had Sofia then a few babies that hasn't been vaccinated against certain things caught these illnesses (can't remember what they were) and our local community were advised these are easily avoided situations if you get your babies vaccinated. So that swayed me completely! I get flu vac every year, always make sure tetanus is up to date as I work with dogs and I will probably get my whooping cough done too. There was a video circulating Facebook of a little baby with whooping cough - the mother was trying to raise awareness of how dreadful it is... It sold me! I definitely don't want my baby going through that suffering xx

I spoke with my midwife about it before Christmas when I had an appointment with her, she practically scolded me for refusing the flu vaccine even though I explained with good reason why (reverse effects) She mentioned the whopping cough one around 28w and I wasn't sure... As a child all the vaccinations my mum had while pregnant and myself after (boosters) never actually worked... The reason why was undiagnosed until my brother (10 years younger) and I had pneumonia at the same time.
I will be having the whopping cough one I think :) but I think it is always best to do your research than just take one persons say so.

It's so lovely to see a thread finally where we can chat/give sensible opinions without agro bar a couple! :)

I am very pro immunisations. I trust the research that has been done and after all, who can we look to if we can't look to our health professionals? I personally would never forgive myself if I didn't vaccinate and the unthinkable happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back