Whooping cough vaccine.

Topsy

Reaction score
So how bad is it? I'm ok with needles but I've heard it can give you a painful arm for awhile after. I've got mine monday morning then straight to work I'm a hairdresser will I struggle or is it not to bad?

Xx

The vaccine was quite fast, it only took about 5 seconds. I felt my arm the following days but it wasn't really painful. Think you should be okay. xx

The actual jab felt like a little scratch and was over in seconds. It throbbed straight after and my arm did ache for the rest of the day, but I could still get things done and I went back to work as soon as it was done. I had quite bad flu like symptoms by the end of the day, but this is because the jab is given with Polio, Tetanus and Diphtheria and I already knew I reacted to this!!

The jab itself it the most petty jab ive ever had. I was dreading going for it as ladies on here were saying they felt crappy for a few days afterwards.

But i felt totally fine. Arm was sore to touch for about a day, but could do everything as normal xx

Yeah my arm was a tiny bit sore but I still slept on it - nothing like I was expecting after hearing some stories! And the actual jab itself is nothing :) x

Stung going in but no side effects at all.

Really nothing to worry about hun. It stung a little being injected but after that...not a problem at all. No pains in arm or swelling xx

Ditto what the others have said, was one of the nicest (if that's poss!) Injections to have!

Xx

I must have been unlucky. I couldn't lift my arm past my shoulder - but that didn't start until bedtime after jab in the morning.

Normally I'm pretty good with jabs, but the dead arm after WC was the worst reaction I've had

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

It's nothing to worry about I didn't feel it at the time I had a bit if what felt like a bruised arm for a couple days after but didn't stop me from doing my job I'm a beautician ul b fine Hun I hate needles but I just looked away and it over and done within seconds x

I had an Achey arm for days but not terrible and not painful the jab itself was quick and painless

I was expecting the worst also. But I was no worse than the flu jab. I couldn't sleep on it for two nights, but aside from that it didn't stop me from doing anything. I had it in my right arm which I'm glad I did as I like to sleep on my left.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Same as everyone else just numb and bit achey for while. Nurse told me its same one they give to pre schoolers so felt I couldn't complain! Haha x

It sounds like some people react worse than others, I had quite a bad reaction to mine like a few other women have on here. Didn't feel the actual injection at all and my arm went dead for about 5 minutes after so went to bed fine. Woke up in the night for toilet and noticed it was very sore, couldn't really lift my arm for a few days and had a very swollen,sore,itchy lump for days and I still have a bruise now 2 weeks later. Everyone else I know who've had it have been fine so I'm sure you will be too. Even tho I had a reaction it still wasn't bad, it was more annoying that anything else xx

I must have been unlucky. I couldn't lift my arm past my shoulder - but that didn't start until bedtime after jab in the morning.

Normally I'm pretty good with jabs, but the dead arm after WC was the worst reaction I've had

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Me too!! Mine felt very sore for over a day. Maybe it depends where in your arm it goes. My arm felt like I'd gone OTT with the weights! I couldn't close the car door! Seems most people are 'ok' though. X

i felt bruised, needles etc never really bother me but i did feel like id been punched in that arm for a few days

Thanks ladies, had it done just feels a bit itchy and sore but still have use of my arm ha ha xx

I had no probs at all with it. Just a little scratch as the needle goes in an that's all. Didn't have any soreness or pain afterwards either xx

I had mine today got a bit of an achy arm but nothing else x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back