Whooping cough vaccine.

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Topsy, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Topsy

Topsy Well-Known Member

So how bad is it? I'm ok with needles but I've heard it can give you a painful arm for awhile after. I've got mine monday morning then straight to work I'm a hairdresser will I struggle or is it not to bad?

Xx

2. Lydia

Lydia Well-Known Member

The vaccine was quite fast, it only took about 5 seconds. I felt my arm the following days but it wasn't really painful. Think you should be okay. xx

3. JoeyClare

JoeyClare Well-Known Member

The actual jab felt like a little scratch and was over in seconds. It throbbed straight after and my arm did ache for the rest of the day, but I could still get things done and I went back to work as soon as it was done. I had quite bad flu like symptoms by the end of the day, but this is because the jab is given with Polio, Tetanus and Diphtheria and I already knew I reacted to this!!

4. Kelly450

Kelly450 Well-Known Member

The jab itself it the most petty jab ive ever had. I was dreading going for it as ladies on here were saying they felt crappy for a few days afterwards.

But i felt totally fine. Arm was sore to touch for about a day, but could do everything as normal xx

5. Dax

Dax Well-Known Member

Yeah my arm was a tiny bit sore but I still slept on it - nothing like I was expecting after hearing some stories! And the actual jab itself is nothing :) x

6. glowing

glowing Well-Known Member

Stung going in but no side effects at all.

7. Bonfire Bride

Bonfire Bride Well-Known Member

Really nothing to worry about hun. It stung a little being injected but after that...not a problem at all. No pains in arm or swelling xx

8. SpinSugar

SpinSugar Well-Known Member

Ditto what the others have said, was one of the nicest (if that's poss!) Injections to have!

Xx

9. l_maclean

l_maclean Well-Known Member

I must have been unlucky. I couldn't lift my arm past my shoulder - but that didn't start until bedtime after jab in the morning.

Normally I'm pretty good with jabs, but the dead arm after WC was the worst reaction I've had

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

10. Vic27

Vic27 Well-Known Member

It's nothing to worry about I didn't feel it at the time I had a bit if what felt like a bruised arm for a couple days after but didn't stop me from doing my job I'm a beautician ul b fine Hun I hate needles but I just looked away and it over and done within seconds x

11. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

I had an Achey arm for days but not terrible and not painful the jab itself was quick and painless

12. giz

giz Well-Known Member

I was expecting the worst also. But I was no worse than the flu jab. I couldn't sleep on it for two nights, but aside from that it didn't stop me from doing anything. I had it in my right arm which I'm glad I did as I like to sleep on my left.

----------------
    baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
    next one due 12th Aug 2013

13. Bubbles1987

Bubbles1987 Well-Known Member

Same as everyone else just numb and bit achey for while. Nurse told me its same one they give to pre schoolers so felt I couldn't complain! Haha x

14. Haylian

Haylian Well-Known Member

It sounds like some people react worse than others, I had quite a bad reaction to mine like a few other women have on here. Didn't feel the actual injection at all and my arm went dead for about 5 minutes after so went to bed fine. Woke up in the night for toilet and noticed it was very sore, couldn't really lift my arm for a few days and had a very swollen,sore,itchy lump for days and I still have a bruise now 2 weeks later. Everyone else I know who've had it have been fine so I'm sure you will be too. Even tho I had a reaction it still wasn't bad, it was more annoying that anything else xx

15. specialbump

specialbump Well-Known Member

im 39 weeks and havnt had it :/ ?? is it too late now

16. umbongo

umbongo Well-Known Member

Me too!! Mine felt very sore for over a day. Maybe it depends where in your arm it goes. My arm felt like I'd gone OTT with the weights! I couldn't close the car door! Seems most people are 'ok' though. X

17. BevG

BevG Well-Known Member

i felt bruised, needles etc never really bother me but i did feel like id been punched in that arm for a few days

18. Topsy

Topsy Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies, had it done just feels a bit itchy and sore but still have use of my arm ha ha xx

19. purplebeauty21

purplebeauty21 Well-Known Member

I had no probs at all with it. Just a little scratch as the needle goes in an that's all. Didn't have any soreness or pain afterwards either xx

20. carli91

carli91 Well-Known Member

I had mine today got a bit of an achy arm but nothing else x