Who wants baby now?

futuremum

Reaction score
Hello!!!

Is it only me or that would be nice to have baby early? Ideally, 37 weeks would be great but am sure it will be typical me wishing baby early and him coming late :wink:
Nearly 36 weeks and baby is either between my legs or kicking the hell out of me and moving like mad, my belly changing shape all the time lol
I will miss the bump but it is now when I can hardly sit up straight otherwise belly is in the way, can hardly drive, decided to stop after monday and is becoming painful, especially to sleep.

So who is in the same situation and wish baby very soon? (although dead scared of what to do next once baby is born, never hold a baby in my life :oops: )

NO WAY if mine came at 37 weeks that would be Christmas day! :shock:
I'm dead uncomfortable already at less than 32 weeks, but I definately want her to hang on lol!

Oh yes- I'm there now! Especially if I can have him or her right now without labour whatsoever! The last two days my bump has grown so much bigger and I'm being kicked and pressured in my bowels and bladder like you would not believe. Can't sit down, can't stand up, can just about manage lying down but not for long! I'm not being kicked as much as barged from within and even that is painful now- moan moan moan! I am only 5ft and I presume my baby is average size as the midwife keeps saying that it's a good size etc etc so where can it possibly grow to if I don't have it very soon? Surely there's no room left!?

+++

I would also like baby to come that wee bit earlier. Unfortunately, my history may not allow, as both my other two children were 2 weeks late and I to be induced. Having said that - my periods were very irregular at that point and for the last 4 years, periods have been regular to the second!
I would like this baby to come between 39-40 weeks. I met a woman on Tuesday who had her baby girl at 37 weeks. I saw the baby at one week old and it was VERY tiny. She weighed 2.6 kgs (around 5lb 6oz) at birth.

I've decided that from 38 weeks I'm going to invest in a couple of reflexology session, drink the raspberry leaf tea, eat liquorice by the buckets and swing from the chandeliers!!! :shock: :oops: :D
I have a scan at 37 weeks. Obstetrician will also do vaginal swob and check state of cervix. I'm a bit worried that that will get things going! I don't want to be induced again - I found it far to painful. I'm hoping for a natural progression of labour.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!!!! Not before long, we'll be posting piccies on New Arrivals...... SCARY :shock: :shock: :shock:
I guess we should enjoy being a little bored - afterall, it'll be the last chance of that!!!!!!
Emilia xx

emilia said:
I would also like baby to come that wee bit earlier. Unfortunately, my history may not allow, as both my other two children were 2 weeks late and I to be induced.

NOOOOOO don't tell me that, I was induced last time! EEK!

Because I have had quite a small bump all along I didn't really want him too early. However, my bigger measurements now have made me go straight from "not yet" to "NOW PLEASE" to every little twinge.

All I will say to people on their first time babies is don't get your hopes up.. I was absolutley GUTTED when I went over last time, it was like Christmas not coming. I'm trying not to get too excited this time, and even if I do go over, al least I know that I will get to meet my new son at some point in the next 3 weeks!

I was a week early with my first so I was really hoping to have this one 37 or 38 weeks but I'm still here with no signs. Got an induction date yesterday but its not till 8th December and that just makes it feel worse, really want a November baby!

I still have a while to go yet, but im getting so impaitent!

We set up teh cot a couple of nights ago and its made us both very broody, i want him out now! lol

Sigh....I want baby to come NOW...Im getting very impatient but with my past history I think Im living in a dream world. Today Im 39 weeks by my dates, but 39 tomorrow by the scan dates. I honestly thought that I would have had the baby by now due to my problems with my blood until it was explained to me that they dont want me to have a long labour and be off the heparin for too long (very dangerous time to clot) so they have to wait until my cervix is ready. Got appointment with consultant next Thursday to check <shudders>

I had to be induced with all Five of mine..sigh. Always said I must have a steel cervix. So guess will be the same with this one.....

Oh well hey ho...as long as both me and baby are ok, not really bothered how it starts...JUST WANT IT TO START NOW !! LOL LOL

Ragnaxxxx

Ragna said:
I had to be induced with all Five of mine..sigh.

*wails*

I want to go into labour at home this time! *sniff* :(

I am now 5 days overdue and so fed up, I am desperate to meet this little one now, it's bad enough having to wait 9 months let alone go over !!! :lol:

Yep Im getting impatient too!

Im due tomorrow by my first date, Monday by my scan date.

I've been feeling great up untill now but Im starting to find walking more difficult and I'm getting tired.

Saw the consultant yesterday, the head is engaged, he said he didn't think it will be long!

The thought of going over though is tiring!!! I have carpul tunnel in both hands now and its really getting annoying :?

Well we're all one day closer today ladies!

Lulu it's your day! Try jumping up and down a few hundred times! :lol:

Hi

I would love to be early. I am having a c section at 38 + 6 so if i could go into natural labour before that i would be happy.

Last time i tried everything long walks, sex, curry but nothing happened. i will start with the raspberry in a few weeks but there is no way that i could eat liquorice, yuk.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back