Who to call?

Kayley91

Reaction score
Who is it I call now if I cant get hold of the midwife? I haven't felt baby move since yesterday and I'm getting a bit worried. I just want to put my mind at rest.

xxx

On your green notes, do you have a "Community" number written down? That's who I called.

Yep, take a look at your green notes. You should have a few numbers on there inc community MW, antenatal ward at hospital etc. just keep trying until you get hold of one. Best of luck, keep us posted xxx

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

I will have a look and see... Thank you ladies. Do you think I'm being silly or should I call?

xxx

I was given a number thats direct to the midwives at the hospital. Thats who i called anyways xxx

You're not being silly, you should definitely ring if you're worried!
If you haven't got a number on your notes, just call the general number for your hospital and ask to be put through to the women's department or maternity or delivery suite, and then explain your situation and someone will put you through to the right place :)

I had to do this on Monday - I called the hospital labour ward as I had cramping that felt like contractions and had reduced movement for few days and they were so lovely and helpful. Give them a call hun and they will tell you what to do etc. Also try drinking some really ice cold water as that is what they told me to do and within half hour bubs was having a little party x

Last edited:
Ring the triage at labour ward nos are all on front of my notes I have the big white notes. I don't have green ones?!

I have pink ones... they dont really have an also lot on if I'm honest.

xxx

Call the hospital and either ask for maternity triage or day assessment. They can monitor you. You are not being silly always get reduced or no movements checked out.

Thanks guys. I'm going to call them in a min.

I'll keep you posted.

xxx

Just called the hospital and they said i need to go down so they can have a listen... I was finishing my drink and getting ready to go when the little madam wakes up!!! Ive now felt her non stop for the last 5 mins!!!

I am seeing my midwife tomorrow anyway... shall i still go or call them back and tell them as they have said they are very busy today?

xxx

Hmmm tough one - can you leave it 30 mins and see if she stays active? x

Honestly I'd still go, it's reduced movement for extended time. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about but there's no harm in getting checked.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

I rang them and as they have already got alot of people and I'm seeing the miwife tomorrow they have said not to come down unless she goes quite again...

So confused!!

xxx

Try not to worry, I'm sure they would of told you to still come in if they thought baby was at risk. When I called up on Monday the advice was to take painkillers (I had cramping too) get a jug of ice cold water and lay down for 2 hours and if I was still in pain or baby hadn't had movements to call them back and they would see me. Just like you my little monkey decided to start kicking the crap out of me 2 mins later, I just put the quiet time down to a growth spurt as my belly has popped out stupid amounts this week. Just got back from my pre-scheduled midwife appointment and baby heartbeat great and it was kicking the hell out of her doppler, she said my baby is "a fiesty one" haha, just proves sometimes we worry and they are fine :)

Is your baby still having a little party? x

Last edited:
Glad she started moving Hun its so scary isn't it x

It certainly is!! Everything went fine with the midwife today. :).

She has been raving like a goodun today! She hasn't stopped.

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back