Who started weaning at 4 months

I have always waited until 6 months with all of mine.
I purée my own veg, fruit combo's (I find it cheaper and healthier. I stay away from gluten and no baby rice.
I was weaned early and have multiple serious allergies, not saying it's related but who knows x

We haven't started yet and LO is 23 weeks. I don't think she's showing any real signs yet, and we are going down the BLW route, so we will wait until she's ready properly. HV tried to give us info about weaning last week because her weight gain is slowing, but I'm still determined not to start until I think she's ready. I think we have a few more weeks to wait yet.

My MIL fed my DH weetabix from 5wks! Which I think is absolutely ridiculous. She says he was hungry and needed it. But my DH has no allergies and never gets sick.
I was weaned at 4 months and I'm fine.
My DD is 14wks and she is starting to show interest in everything I'm eating so I'm starting to give her tastes of wat I'm eating just off the tip of my finger.

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

Yay, so glad to hear this Jay, I've been too nervous to let her try tastes so far because of the doom and gloom warnings

I was a bit worried at first too, but then I just trusted my instincts and Sophia. I've been following her lead from day 1 xx

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

Haven't started here either and jack is 23 weeks. Have all sitting ready to go. Plan on mixture of blw and tw and majority home made stuff.

Using Tapatalk. Can't see tickers.

We started blw 2 weeks ago, just giving him the chance to play with food and he's now started eating (26 weeks) he even picked up something tonight with a pincer grip! Clever boy! Xx

I purée my own veg, fruit combo's (I find it cheaper and healthier. I stay away from gluten and no baby rice.
I was weaned early and have multiple serious allergies, not saying it's related but who knows x

Cosmic why stay away from baby rice out of curiosity? I'm going to hold off on gluten as long as possible as my brother is coeliac, but was wondering what the risks are of baby rice? xx

Cosmic why stay away from baby rice out of curiosity? I'm going to hold off on gluten as long as possible as my brother is coeliac, but was wondering what the risks are of baby rice? xx

I just don't like it really. It's overly processed, can contain unnatural sugar content and is ultimately tasteless IMO.
Lots of people add fruit purée to it to give it flavour but I just give the fruit and cut the rice.
I've never given it to any of my kids, I prefer to make my own foods x

I just don't like it really. It's overly processed, can contain unnatural sugar content and is ultimately tasteless IMO.
Lots of people add fruit purée to it to give it flavour but I just give the fruit and cut the rice.
I've never given it to any of my kids, I prefer to make my own foods x

Ah right, good. I've made it my life's mission to try new recipes that we can have together, so I'll be pureeing fruit and veg too xx

Tbh the baby rice didn't go down well so will scrap that. Just gonna stick with porridge!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Oooo sweet potato carrot and broccoli! Nom nom nom. He heImageUploadedByTapatalk1353950244.714839.jpg

I've just realised there's no tickers in this new section of the forum... can't see how old everyone's LOs are... MODS!! xx

First day went well!! :D

Attachments

• IMG_20121201_200954.jpg
    IMG_20121201_200954.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 33
What did you try her with leesley?
Did she enjoy it? X

That was just baby rice, which was fine she didn't mind it. But tonight she had pear and banana (which I wasn't going to do til next week but she was keen!) and she LOVED it. Scoffed it. Smacking her lips and asking for more!

She's still having 5x 9oz bottles a day alongside this new meal, I have no idea where she's putting it!! I'm afraid I'll go to the clinic and they'll tell me she's doubled in size :lol: xx

Wow!! You must have made some yummy stuff.

5x9oz bottles too. I'm impressed, clearly needing the extra.

T's not showing any signs and I figured you know when they're ready and seeing as I don't, I don't think he is ready iykwim. I'm also a little nervous as there are some serious food allergies in my family (me included) so hopefully will get some advice before I start xx

Wow!! You must have made some yummy stuff.

5x9oz bottles too. I'm impressed, clearly needing the extra.

T's not showing any signs and I figured you know when they're ready and seeing as I don't, I don't think he is ready iykwim. I'm also a little nervous as there are some serious food allergies in my family (me included) so hopefully will get some advice before I start xx

No food allergies in my family, but my brother is coeliac (so no gluten for at least til after 6 months) and I have eczema and asthma (both are linked to intolerances). So I keep my eyes out for signs of allergy after every meal xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back