Who Shook and Where Were You When...

kazlin

Reaction score
...you first saw your BFP?

I was at work, I was 2 days past my period and only really did the test to show myself that I wasn't pregnant. The month before I had been about 6 days late and had wasted money on pregnancy tests.

Anyway I took the test, saw the lines and ummm yep, started shaking. I took about 6 more tests just to be sure :lol:

I took loads first time i was in tesco's loo.. then at my mates house.. then i did about 6 at my mums where i was living at the time.. i didn't believe any of them :lol:

With Jess I was at home on my own and I was so scared. I rang OH at work to tell him and he was VERY shocked cos we had only met 6 weeks earlier. I took another one in the cafe toilet and another one in a pub toilet in Liverpool just to make sure.

I was in Bullring shopping centre toilets on Christmas Eve :shock:

Told myself it was a formality as I wasn't pregnant and I refused to believe the results! :shakehead:

OH had to lead me to the car park as I was crying so much I couldn't see :oops:

The first time I was pregnant (miscarried that one) I was at home, OH and I had been to town shopping and I was a week late but convinced AF was going to start, he kept saying 'Youre pregnant' and I was getting so mad at him. In town he onvinced me to get a test and I thought well at least I will get to prove him wrong. Got home and tested straight away, after I'd poas I put it on the floor in front of me and before I'd even got off the toilet I could see a line appearing and thought it was my imagination so I covered it up with tissue until the 3 minutes was up. I picked it up, took away the tissue and there was the darkest BFP ever. Yes I was shaking, I couldn't believe it, I showed it to OH and he threw up :roll:

Second time (this pregnancy) I went into town alone to do a last minute shop before our hols and I was a week late again, again I had convinced myself AF was gonna turn up, but needed to know before I went away. I bought the same brand test, from the same shop I bought them from a year earlier when I got my BFP (it was 2 day's away from being bang on a year to the day). I did the test in the shopping center toilet's (paid 20p to get in but it was well worth it), it came up positive and I stood in the cubicle staing at it for about 15 minutes. I took a pic of it and sent it to OH then made my way to the train station, I was grinning all the way, OH phoned me when he got the pic and he was over the moon :D

It was Sunday 28th May 2006, I remember it like yesterday! I was about 10 days late, I had already got BFN and as we had been trying for nearly 2 and a half years, I was 100% sure I wasn't pregnant.
It was a bank holiday weekend and I was going out for drinks, for some reason I just wanted to make sure so sent OH out to get me a test.
I was shocked when the line came up straight away. Sat in the bathroom for about 10 minutes in complete shock. Sent OH out to get me more tests to be sure!!!! He came back and downed 4 shots of vodka.................and he hardly ever drinks :rotfl:

8am in my parents bathroom on xmas eve 2005

shook like a leaf, Id never been so scared but I was in so much shock I couldnt cry :shock:

The first time I got pregnant (I miscarried this baby) I took a test in our bathroom. My OH insisted on sitting outside the door and i couldnt wee cuz he was listening so i sent him downstairs. It came up positive and i squealed. Oh heard and came running up the stairs. I then started crying and said to him "what are we going to do with a baby!" (even though we were trying for this baby)I think i was in shock.

The 2nd pregnancy i was on my own when i did the test at home. It was really to rule out that I was pregnant as i was bleeding but it wasnt right. I remember looking at the positive result and i was in shock cuz i really thought I wasnt. I was so pleased, i ran down the stairs and rang my OH in work, he was really pleased and asked if he could tell is work collegues. Then 9 months later we had our little bundle.

the first pregnancy i kinda felt like i knew i was pregnant... i think i was about a week or so late. I told my mum and she got me a test. I done it myself upstaires and then felt really weird and surreal when it was positive. I ran downstaires and told my mum in the kitchen she gave me a massive hug. I was shaking. Happy but bloody terrified n all. Then i went into the livingroom and told OH. he was really shocked. He really didnt think i would be pregnant. He had previously made appointments so i didnt see him again till the next day. He was alot better about it then - but got much better about it throughout the pregnancy.

This time i really didnt beleive i would be pregnant, i just thought my period still hadnt come from giving birth to hannah, (plus id been on the pill) but by late September i just took one to be sure.
TBH it was a horrible shock, but after a month or 2 we finally settleed and came round to the idea. Even sinse after christmas i could say im finally actually looking forward to this baby. (i do have bad days and good tho) :D :D

I was on the loo :roll:

I thought I was PG as I was feeling shattered, a bit sick and boobs were sore as hell.

Took the test one afternoon, stayed sat on the loo and counted the seconds and then looked at it. Positive!

Sat there for a minute thinking 'bloody hell' and then got off the loo and went downstairs and showed the test to hubby.

Both pleased but for me it felt also quite unreal. It didn't sink in nor did I do any happy dances till I was past 12 weeks. Even now I'm still surprisingly calm about it all.

I don't remember my bfp with Tia... I am going to assume I was alone and at my mum's house in her bathroom. :think: I do remember telling my ex though... He just said "oh!.. you gona keep it?" then carried on playing his playstation. :roll:

This time I remember it was at around 7am on a sunday morning. My period was now officially two weeks late, and the test I'd taken the week before was negative. So I wasn't exactly sure.... I just did it more because I needed to eliminate being pregnant before I went back to the gyno... and well it wasn't... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: DH was the first one I told... he just looked at me like I was lying.. then just hugged me.. and went around with a stupid grin on his face for a couple of weeks till I said he could tell people as the grin was getting to me... people kept asking if were having loads of sex. :rotfl:

I was at work... it was 1 day before af was due and although we had been trying for several months beforehand, a week prior to me testing we had decided to leave it for a year due to my work/money etc.

I took the test just to rule out that we had got pg before we decided to stop trying and there it was... a second line. I was shaking and crying and couldn't eat my lunch.

Within a few hours though it had kinda sunk in and we were over the moon :)

mummykay said:
8am in my parents bathroom on xmas eve 2005

shook like a leaf, Id never been so scared but I was in so much shock I couldnt cry :shock:

We got our BFP on the same day :hug:

And reacted the same way! Jams beat Stan by a week though, he was due on Jamie's birthday but was late to the party :lol:

First time (miscarried) i was a nanny and me and my other friend who nannyed where walking the kids back from toddler group and i ran in the chemist and got a test as i was over a week late but just wanted to make sure i wasnt, then i came out and ben who my friend looked after said "what you got?" i said some medicine for my headache and my friend said hmm thats a big paracetamol box! and she told me to let her know what it said! and so i did it at the house i nannyed at and it was positive! then i did 3 more.

Then this time i went to the doctors as i hadnt had a period for 8 weeks and she did a test and it came up straight away!

I was a few days late for my period, usually as regular as clockwork so did the test just to reassure myself I wasnt pregnant :roll:

I tested at home. I POAS and put it on the floor while I sorted myself out, it was going to be negative anyway... When I looked round and saw that second line I was like 'whaaaaaaaat?' I phoned my sister straight away who was in the bath :rotfl:

I only got my BFP yesterday, so I'm still in shock. :shock: :shock: :shock:
I was at home with DH and did 3 cheapie Ebay tests that all came out positive and then went straight to the chemist and bought a Clearblue digital one that was also positive. I did another one this morning just to prove to myself that it wasn't a dream and the line was darker then ever.
I still can't believe it, and even tho we were trying I'm in total shock, and can't help but panic. Argggh!!!

Chelle said:
I only got my BFP yesterday, so I'm still in shock. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wooh, congratulations! :cheer:

I was a week late for my period (we were trying) and due to go away to a holiday cottage for our 1st wedding anniversary. We got up in the morning and I took a test which came back positive. I remember peeing on the stick then putting it to the side, my hubby and I left it five mins then looked together at the result, like I say, we were trying but it was still a :shock: :cheer:

with millie I was on the pill and was having symptoms. I'd been for some blood tests and was waiting for the doctor to ring with my results. He just said it was positive and I couldn't believe it but knew straight away that I would be keepingit. I rangvpete at work and he seemed really pleased to say she wasn't planned.

With Ryan we'd been trying for 2 months when we got some faint positives which kept getting darker :)

With Rhys, It was a sunday night, I'd had sore boobs all week and Id been feeling not right all day so I thought Id try a test. It was when wild at heart was on and it was positive.even though it was really faint and Me and my husband had to stare at it for ages to check we werent just going cross eyed!!

ith this little bean.I picked a test up when we were doing our food shopping at tescos(as you do!) as I was 3 days late and Im never late. and there it was when I got home a positive test. I shook so much as I wondered how Im going to cope with 2!! But after being in shock for about 2 hours we are really pleased!!!!I cant wait!!!

xxx

i was at home i did one test without telling DH i had been ill for a few weeks and forgotten about my period, i called DH up and showed him the result whilst giggling (nervous reaction i get lol) then did another and one more in the surgery that confirmed it for us :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back