Who is still driving?

Colourmeblue

Reaction score
I'm a week away from my due date and still driving. More so because OH doesnt drive, but also because I cant just sit around the house all day, i'd go out of my mind! Past week tho, I've kept driving to a minimum and only go local places. Something tells me though that perhaps I really shouldnt still be driving, as when I get cramps and especially braxton hicks, its very difficult and uncomfortable to continue. Who else is still driving? x

Ism but got a few weeks left yet.
But im trying to keep it at a minimum aswell n if OH is home hell drive xx

I was wondering if there was a Limit for pregnant women but I looked it up and there doesn't seem to be, so I guess it's just till u drop! Bit scary to think about being far away and on my own in the car though so think I'll do the same and not go anywhere too far in a few weeks time xx

I am, find it uncomfortable thou.
My oh is taking lessons and I've insured him on my car, so he can drive with me in it but he's only done it once so far as he's nervous of baby.
He's actually fine thou. X

Tapatalking. X

I was hoping that OH would have at least started taking lessons by the time i gave birth - but no! Who knows - maybe i'll drive myself to hospital in labour lol x

I'm worried my bump will get in the way later on as I'm titchy and have the seat as far forward as it'll go! X

I was hoping that OH would have at least started taking lessons by the time i gave birth - but no! Who knows - maybe i'll drive myself to hospital in labour lol x

I rammed a rocket up his arse at 28 wks! Lol he's doing we'll so far (I'm now 37wks) has booked his theory test today for early July.
We only live 5mins from hospital but think rather than get robbed by the car parking meter, were planning a taxi there. (Depends obviously)

Xx

Tapatalking. X

No legal limit tho someone said to me that some insurers won't cover you past 37 weeks so do dbl check with your individual insurance. I am still driving my nice family style mazda but if we go anywhere in Tom's car he has to help me in and out as its low slung convertible lol

I'm still driving and I'm generally ok the only thing that kills me is bending down to adjust my seat, its agony on my bump! I'm really short so need to pull the seat in quite near the the steering wheel otherwise I can't reach the pedals wif my wee legs! :roll:

I've got 10 days till dd and Im still driving too..its hard when I get painful braxton hicks and I can't do anything..but I have no choice as oh doesn't drive x

Well at least im not the only one whose OH doesnt drive, annoying right? You'd think with a baby on the way they would get their act together. I didnt know that some insurance companies dont insure you past 37 weeks! oops! lol

Im still driving, dont really go too far though no further than 15 miles from home, hospital notes generally come with me, if I should happen to go into labour while driving my plan will be pull the car over and get hubby to come get me. Depending on which car im driving depends how difficult it is, we have a ford focus and seat ibiza, I find the ibiza much easier to get in and out of, manoeuvre and getting the seat forward whereas the ford my bump is in agony by the time I get home.

We have a nice large Renault scenic, that's quite high which makes it very comfortable both to drive and be a passenger in, in my condition :) I can't see that I'd stop driving until baby was literally on its way though, too much hassle to be so dependant on other people!!

I never stopped, had to drive myself to hospital in Labour cos my o/h was working away. 4 contractions en-route. Nice ;)

tapatalking!!

I never stopped, had to drive myself to hospital in Labour cos my o/h was working away. 4 contractions en-route. Nice ;)

tapatalking!!

Wow! Lol hope u don't live too far away from the hospital. Bet it was scary! X

Tapatalking. X

I drove myself to hospital for my induction, it didn't even cross my mind to stop driving! Is that bad? Lol x

I was due yesterday and am still driving it hadn't even entered my head not to be driving xx

Im still driving at 38 weeks. Never thought not to!

tapatalking!!

Wow ! I bet this will be me too. Luckily, only live 5 miins away from hospital x

Ive been learning to drive since about 20 weeks. I have my practical test booked a week on wednesday when i will be 35 weeks. Im really hoping i pass as if i fail i will have to wait til 38 weeks to resit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back