Who have you told?

Looby82

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

So excited to be in this forum! Just got my bfp on Weds.

Just wondered who you have told? Ive told my best friend and my mum!

I have my SIL and her dh and kids coming tonight for the weekend. I want to tell them but dh doesn't want to yet! I realise it's very early days but they are family!

L xx

I have told my 2 best friends and a few people at work (as I had to).
Dying to tell my Mum, but my step dad died last September and she's having a bit of a tough time, so waiting until after 12 week scan (reluctantly) to tell her and rest of family, but I am itching to tell everyone, soo frustrating!!!

We told our parents, OH's sister, my twoo best friends and I told a few trust worthy people at work. We had our 12 week scan yesterday so I have now told more people.... It's completely up to you hun when you feel ready xx

We told our parents and best friends when we found out, but waited a while before telling everyone else. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

We only told parents and a couple of close friends who I knew wouldn't say anything at 8 weeks, but after 12 week scan (when I was actually 13 weeks) we told everyone then. Haven't done any Facebook announcing though as we've told everyone we want to know in person. I figured that if something goes wrong after the dating scan then that's very unlucky and we'll have the support of our family and friends xx

Congrats on your BFP! :dance:

I told my OH (obviously) and my sister. We weren't planning to tell my and OHs parents until 12 weeks but my Mum and Dad found out accidently as they saw my ante-natal pack from the midwife in my handbag - I've got a really bad habit of throwing my handbag just anywhere and it was open.

If I can stop being dopey, we don't plan to tell anyone else until after my 12 week scan. Planning on telling my work end of April (aprox 20 weeks) as I'm due a pay rise and don’t want my pregnancy to affect this decision.

I've told our parents and siblings and 2 friends. Nobody at work knows yet.
However, I think most people know thanks to both my mother and mother-in-law. Neither can keep a secret, it seems. We have been trying for the best part of 5 years for this baby, so I guess they were fed up of waiting to give the good news. :oooo:

We've only told my in laws and my tutor at uni for risk assessment and that. OH couldnt keep his big gob shut so a couple of his friends now know lol

My parents now know and my boss has an idea although i have not told him (all the doctor appointments gave it away lol). That is pretty much all... i wanted to wait till first scan to make sure everything was ok before telling everyone as i'm extra paranoid!

I'm leaving it for as long as I can but only because I have had multiple mc's i found it the hardest part having to tell everyone when it all went wrong. It's silly because I feel I can't even join tri 1 yet but I will be along to bug the crap out of you all soon lol x

I asked my mum the day i found out i sent her a picture of the PGT because i didnt believe it and my office manager because i did another on the same day at work to confirm! Then i waited till xmas days 4 days after i found out i was pregnant and told my dad, sister her Fiance, my brother and OH parents and grandparents, brother all on the same day! All my friends know x

I think it is personal reference!

We told our parents and my sister at Christmas when I was 6/7 weeks, told my boss/HR just after the New Year. Told the other girls in work last week (11 weeks). We aren't telling anyone else until after my scan on Monday :)

I am planning on telling everyone like ahem never lol? Or at least they can guess when they see the bump..the later the better. I found it so hard to tell people last time after the mc :(

Ive told my mum and my brother and the in laws
too terrifed to tell work untill i absolutley have to! x

We have told everyone lol lol Im such a rubbish secret keeper :) xxxxx

I told my OH (obviously) and also my mum as soon as I found out, and then we told OH's mum dad and brother a few days later. I didn't want to tell them really, but it was only fair with my mum knowing.

One work friend knows, but only because she guessed last week lol... She knew we were planning to start trying sometime soon (although didn't know we had actually started), so she asked if I had any 'news'. I tried to act all innocent and say 'what news' but I couldn't keep a straight face lol.

Think I will end up having to tell my close group of girl friends this weekend, as they are all coming round to mine for birthday drinks and it will be very obvious I'm not drinking! To be honest though they're my besties and I tell them everything, and if something did go wrong then I would want their support anyway :)

Not telling ANYONE else! I just don't want to tempt fate, I've had problems already with bleeding and just not really feeling confident enough to tell others. I can't even bring myself to get a ticker, lol.

Work will be about 14 weeks... I've only been there 6 months so want to wait as long as possible to prove myself a bit more! Then I will announce it to the whole world! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back