Who has washed all of baby's clothes?

It made me get all emotional when i had all the little baby clothes drying round the house. Was thinking itll be like this all the time soon, lol x

i've bought my washing powder and fabric conditioner (while they were on offer in asda!:D) but havent washed anything yet thinking of starting whn i leave on my maternity because i'm gonna be bored stiff! and daytime tele is boring!!

i ast my mum about this n she had four kids n didnt do it with any ov us n we were all fine. am jist gunna leave it, she also used normal washing up stuff but just used a wee bit for when we were babys. x

i just used my normal surf non bio, its smells gorgeous and i have sensetive skin so i figure if it dosent do me any harm it should be ok for baby. im alergic to certain washing up liquids and have to moisturise often anyway so i think baby shouldnt be more sensetive than i am. i grew up surrounded by animals and the odd bit od dust and muck and ive always been very healthy and strong so im gonna do the same for my babs and not stress about every little thing, just clean as normal and keep the pets out the babys room. they arent allowed in my bedroom anyway and i already have a gate on the stairs to keep them downstairs just need to put the latch on it lol

Just had a look at my fabric conditioner (Fairy) and it says on the bottle not to use it on any baby bedding or clothing as it lowers it's flame resistance. I hadn't heard this before, anyone else aware if it is a risk (I wasn't planning on setting fire to baby or it bed) I just thought it would be nice to have really soft sheets and blankets. :eh:

I used a wee bit on mine. Wasn't planning on having a flammable baby :shock:

Just had a look at my fabric conditioner (Fairy) and it says on the bottle not to use it on any baby bedding or clothing as it lowers it's flame resistance. I hadn't heard this before, anyone else aware if it is a risk (I wasn't planning on setting fire to baby or it bed) I just thought it would be nice to have really soft sheets and blankets. :eh:

Yeah I've heard this before I've also been told that you shouldn't use it on anything you want to stay waterproof eg mattress covers as it reduces this too!!! x

O gosh that's severe! Have u tried ecover? That's the gentlest I know

I haven't tryed anything really just stick to daz, its something to do with fabric softner that does it so most brands have it in. Im going to give fairy a go i think i have a tester thing from my bounty pack so will wash a load and see if i come out in a rash lol xx

Ecover is designed to be safe for the environment etc so very pure :)

I wash everything that's going to come into contact with my LO. Mainly because factory produced clothes etc. tend to have some machine oil on them and I don't want this to irritate LO's skin. I use Ecover for all of our washing but Vanish (especially the prewash soap bar) has become essential now that LO is actually here lol. It's the only thing that shifts the poop stains!

How did your washing go Olive? Did you shrink anything lol?

I have just put all my baby bedding, blankets and snow suits in.. Eeek.. I am scared I will have ruined it but ah well its tough now lol x

When does everyone suggest is the best time to wash everything?

And any recommendations on what to use for it?
I'm clueless! (and too lazy to read through all 4 pages of this post) :lol:

When does everyone suggest is the best time to wash everything?

And any recommendations on what to use for it?
I'm clueless! (and too lazy to read through all 4 pages of this post) :lol:

I have only just started washing things, I think im a little bit early and organised but thats only due to boredom during xmas holidays!

I have used Persil Non Bio and it smells gorgeous!

x

Peer pressure has made me go and buy some fairy non bio and wash all the baby stuff... i wasn't planning to but oh well, it says for sensitive skin so im hoping i wont get a reaction, i haven't so far and have moved them to the dryer x

I've used ariel with actilift on mine but only a half dose, and just did an extra rinse. I'll let you all know in a few weeks if baby's skin all falls off.

I didn't know it was suppose to be non bio tbh just bought it. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back