Who has washed all of baby's clothes?

Olive

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing this tomorrow, although am scared of ruining them!

I bought fairy non bio especially lol and am planning on hanging them on drier then maybe quick tumble for 2-3 minutes (also worried about shrinking!)

:roll:

xx

Not yet but have washed all the stuff that will be coming to hospital with us for his bag. I got fairy non bio too...they now smell so yummy

I am starting this week - have them all in the laundry basket but that's as far as I got :)

ive washed everything uo to the 3-6 month stuff and packed babys hospital bag while i had them sorted lol. everything is away in the drawers now waiting for babs to be here

I sorted all of his drawers and am a bit gutted I'm going to have to take it all apart lol. Hospital bag is a must this week. I've gone from feeling really organised to really unorganised!!!

xxxx

Is it going to kill baby if I dress him in stuff that I bought in sealed bags (which I am not going to wash, btw)? :p

I cba to wash everything tbh, just thinking I should. Not too sure why! :roll: xx

Last edited:
I have friends that wash everything and friends that wash some stuff. It's whatever you prefer hun. Xxx

I would wash everything really. It's been before on the news about crap from industry that all new clothes can maybe have.i wouldn't risk anything.

I am going to wash everything, just for peace of mind really. Im abit of a clean freak and wonder how many people have had their dirty hands on the clothes whilst they have been hanging up in shops or even being made on the production line... Thats just me tho. Its each to ther own, my friends didn't bother washing ther stuff and no harm ever came to the baby xx

IV washed everything white and pale pink. I want some colour catchers to go in with the really bright stuff because alot of it has white on it and I forgot to get them in Asda yesterday, I had to go through and check all the lables because some stuff you can't tumble dry and alot of other stuff had to be dried on a low heat, I just did everything that could be tumble dried on a low heat and nothing seems to have shrunk fingers crossed. Felt a bit weird folding lots of tiny little clothes made everything seem very very real lol xx

I plan to wash all my bits purely from what ladies have said on here. Better safe than sorry plus they will all smell scrummy.

But as OH doesn't know the sex i can't do anything yet and even when i do ill have to hide them all away again. Wish i could do it once nursery is set up and put them away in draws but no can do :-(

x

Wish me luck ladies. Think I'll do it tomorrow.x

I've washed only the second hand things so far in fairy as and when we have got them, but when I am on maternity I shall be washing EVERYTHING again, :)
Want it all to smell yummy. I shall also pack hospital bags when on maternity.x

Ive just finished washing all sheets, towels, blankets, baby grows and vests. Was wondering whether to wash coats/snow suits that wont be in direct contact with his skin....

Funny you should post this, I've washed some of baby Chipps bits today! Everything secondhand has been washed on a 40 wash. All new stuff has been washed on a delicate 30 wash. All with fairy non bio. My house smells like baby already.

Might be a bit early doing this but I like to be prepared, you never know ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back