Who has a definite bump?

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
Who has a definite bump?

I mean, loads of people told me I was showing a few weeks ago. I didn't believe them and it turned out I was just bloated and it went away.

I am now poking out again, but it is difficult to really tell as i naturally have a pot belly anyway that runs in the family.

At ten weeks could I be showing signs of a definite bump yet or am I just being hopeful? :D :D

Thanks

Some people get a bump straight away, for others it takes months. I seem to have one one day then it's gone the next day!! I think it's just bloating.

I've had a bump from day one it seems (probably gas!!) :lol: it went down slightly at about 8 or 9 weeks, and the last 2 weeks it has come back big time. Defntely looking PG and can't suck it in anymore. When I use the doppler the baby is higher up to where it was when I first started using it last week, which must mean my uterus is now up and out.

I always had a bit of a pot belly caused by IBS mostly - but now this bump is a baby bump - so no doubt you definately have one too! Show it off :D

Thanks Sami :D

I think it is a real bump too. I was laying in the bath this morning and couldn't suck my bump in either :lol:

I think it is time I stopped thinking of my tummy as fat and start thinking of it as a baby! Its the only time in our lives where we have the excuse to have a sticky out belly and I am going to start making the most of it!

Thanks again

Haha defintely! :lol: I stick mine out all the time :wink: while we have some good weather (occasionally!) show it off and be proud I say!! Bumps look sexy I keep getting told. :D

I have a very big bump for 12 weeks, but then i have 2 children already and they say the more you have the quicker you show..

I had definitely lost my waist and outgrown most of my normal clothes by 10 weeks!

But I was around 17 weeks before I started to have a noticable 'baby bump' and to look a bit pregnant. Since then it's really snowballed!!! It does seem to vary a lot from person to person though - I had one friend who didn't 'pop out' until she was 22 weeks, and another who was definitely showing at around 12 weeks.....

*rubs pooky belly* Now look pregnant not fat, don't show aas muck when I lay down! and no body at work as said anything (not told the lads see if they notice!!!) But other people have notice!

Nothing showing here yet, I seem to have lost weight!

:eek:

I've got a little bump now and some off my jeans feel really tight so I can't wear them anymore, but for once I don't mind :D

Well my tummy has gone all flat again this morning. I have put all bloating episodes down to Pregnacare and I am just taking folic acid on its own now.
Every time I take pregnacare, I get a sore tummy and it makes it stick out. Now after a few days of not taking it again, my tummy has gone all flat.
Mixed feelings about this as I was hoping to be sporting a baby bump by now! :D :(

I definately positively have a proper bump now :D from where the baby is positioned from using the doppler I can tell it has moved up a lot in the last week and a half. It's so exciting! Finally got maternity clothes yesterday :D YAY!!! I love having a bump :D

Oooh! What did you buy? tell all!!!

I have a few things already, but like you, struggling with jeans that actually feel comfortable and look trendy as well. Luckily I'm not quite showing yet, so there is still time, but I would like to find something soon!

I have already sorted out some work trousers, some caual skirts and a few cheap tops from ebay. These should start me off, but I must admit, I am looking forward to getting the autumn/winter next directory. there will probably be some lovely things in there!

:D :D

They do have some lovely stuff in the catalogue - but be warned - they come up very big - I don't know what size you are normally but I would go a size or two down from your usual size. I'm normally a 10 and their 8's were too big :shock:

I bought some under bump cropped jeans from m/care and some over bump black thick cotten combats from m/care (as much as I hate over the bump stuff - it was all that fitted) :lol: - got lots of nice plain tops all different styles (mainly black!) from H&M MAMA and a couple of vest style tops from Topshop maternity. Not too bad all in all - hoping I can last with them. Will probably have to buy more later on but for now I can squeeze into them plus the odd 'normal' clothing :D

(Bought babies first outfit too :D )

you girls crack me up...a little bump, gas..its funny...i'm 9 weeks now, and it changes,...so all the above I assume,..and I'm losing weight, due to terrible all-day sickness, the smells of Thailand dont help, with hanging meat in hot temp...I've become a veggie for the last few weeks, although I crave a french dip or pastrami sandwich from the states where I know the meat is safe...

First baby, and im 9 weeks, and 30 years old....we are excited...goodluck ladies...

Hi ladies

Like Layla i am on my 3rd and i have a definiate baby bump, also my clothes are getting tighter. I usually get enormous when pregnant but this time i havent got as big as i normally do.

x

It turns out that I am now properly showing! :D :D :D :D :D

In the past 24 hours, two people at work have noticed my tiny bump, and these people didn't actually know that I am pregnant!

I am quite excited by this. (Understatement of the year)

Just need to get past the scan now, which is just seven days away! Just need to know that everything is Ok and then I can go out and buy my first baby outift!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seven days and couting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi

Yippee on the bump. I have my scan at 3.00 today, really nervous.

xx

Best of luck your scan today. Let us know how it goes. Everything crossed for you.

I'm not actually that nervous about mine. The DH is, but I suppose I will be more nervous nearer the time. I'm just very keen to get it out of the way so that we can start planning/getting excited/buying things/telling people/celebrating/talking to my belly etc etc etc.

Wishing you the best for this aftermoon

Good luck this afternoon :D

It's good in some ways having a bump, for instance I don't feel a fraud looking at baby stuff in Mothercare. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back