Who goes to the gym during pregnancy??

Countrybumpkin

Reaction score
I have gym memebership and once i have had my 12 week scan and know all is ok i will go and get a new work out sorted with one of the instructors.

I was just wondering who else has gym memebership whilst pregnant and what sort of things and at what level is your work out. Just to give me an idea what to aim at for the next few weeks.

To get the energy to go to the gym at the moment is hard, but once i have been i feel so much better for it.

Hi, not much in the way of answers. I am now feeling up to doing exercise - my plan is to join a pregnancy yoga class (also a way to meet English speaking pregnant ladies - I live in Norway) once a week, swim once or twice a week and go to the gym twice a week.

At the gym I plan to walk or use the rowers (and maybe the bikes) and do some weights (but not free weights and no positions where I end up on my back), with the 2 day thing I'm going to do upper body / back + chest one day and then lower body / butt on the other day, as I think I will probably end up going Sat / Sun, and spend a greater amount of time doing low impact / energy cardio.

I'm hoping to make it to the gym this weekend and will see if I can get a programme organised with a trainer. I also need to go swimming (went and scouted out the pool today :)). The yoga I intend to start in a few weeks, as my Mum is over in half term, but I may try a pregnancy yoga DVD I have to at least be half way in shape when I go to the class :wink:

I will let you know how I get on!

I have stopped going now as I used to just do spinning classes and they are far too high intensity. Im missing it though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back