Who else is off on sick at moment??

Heres Hoping

Reaction score
Im currently off a week due to suspected gallbladder problems. Im not sure if i can go bk to work, really hope not as was struggling before with pain but work is not going to be happy. :O
Feeling anxious about it all as dont know whats going to happen!

Just curious, who else is off on sick at moment? For how long, what with & will you return before mat leave?? xx

I'm only 7 weeks but missed loads due to extreme fatigue:(

I'm on annual leave before starting maternity leave.im a full time trauma nurse I had 3 sick periods during pregnancy at work, 5 weeks at the beginning due to hyperemesis, at 20 weeks I had 1 day due to tummy pains and 1 week at 29 weeks due to chest infection I think had I not returned after chest infection after the week they would have made me start maternity leave then instead of at 34 weeks

I was on sick leave due to stress. But as I was over the 29 wks mark they started mat leave earlier. X x

Tapatalking. X

Im currently off a week due to suspected gallbladder problems. Im not sure if i can go bk to work, really hope not as was struggling before with pain but work is not going to be happy. :O
Feeling anxious about it all as dont know whats going to happen!

Just curious, who else is off on sick at moment? For how long, what with & will you return before mat leave?? xx

you have to listen to your body, if its too painful to go back work then just stay off.
you have to look after number one.
i know what your saying though it was a hard decision for me to decide to go on long term sick. but in the end i knew it was for the best.
im suffering with sciatica and going work was making it 10 times worse.
dont worry about anythin and just do what suits you , im off now until my hols start on the 24th of june, i booked 6 weeks hol before my maternity leave starts on the week that im due. that way i get longer off.
the earliest any workplace can make you leave is 4 weeks before your due date. it will tell you that in your nhs book you had on your first visit to the midwife.
hope this helps x

Last edited:
I stopped working at 21 weeks due to one problem after another. Was off sick orginally & then my work ended my temp contract so been a lady of leisure ever since! & so glad too. I could not handle working full time with how I have during the time I have been off. Fair play to all the ladies that work right up until like 39 weeks, have lots of respect for them!

I stopped working at 21 weeks due to one problem after another. Was off sick orginally & then my work ended my temp contract so been a lady of leisure ever since! & so glad too. I could not handle working full time with how I have during the time I have been off. Fair play to all the ladies that work right up until like 39 weeks, have lots of respect for them!

i second that respect cuz i honestly dont know how they do it! i dont want to get out of bed most days! lol x

Good to know im not the only one off then! Got another two weeks sick line there, so feeling relieved at that. The anxiety will creep in near the end of that when have to speak to work again! Aw well, doing it for the sake of my bubs!

Would love to be off til mat leave, think itl help make the time go in faster. What are us ladies doing to pass the time? Are yous all organised or trying to pace it? xx

I was off with nurovirus ans doc signed me off for a week as was so ill ;/ back now but only about 7 working weeks left as in in holiday next week then off for school holidays woop

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back