White noise...

Dax

Reaction score
Is my new favourite sound!! Got her to sleep last night and I thought it might just be lucky, she was already tired, etc.
Been cuddling her tonight but she wouldn't settle even with a dummy, was upset about something - put white noise on, she stopped crying 2 seconds later and is now asleep. Amazingggg hahaha x

Ha ha! My wee man loves rihanna. If I play her to him he immediately stops crying! No idea why! But we've had many evenings in our house with rihanna on! Sure the neighbours must think I just put it on to drown out the sound of him crying!

An app that saved my life in the early days is the Relax app on the iphone/pad we had it on the docking station playing quietly.

It does all different noises from weather to music and white noise, you can customize the noises you play.

We played under water, and immersed to give the womb affect then added music box as a little soft lullaby, actually got me to sleep on a few occasions. Amazing app.

xxxxx

Awww hahaha! You'll have to get him tickets to see her at some point ;)

Thanks russell, I'll download it now! Had to turn youtube off to reply to a text and she's stirring now arghh hahaha sounds angry xx

Last edited:
What is white noise an app or what?

If you go on youtube and type in 'white noise for babies' it's all on there :)
Basically supposed to relax babies I think! Works for Daisy so far :D

Last edited:
Yeah the white noise sound is available on the relax app.

Honestly dax its fab. It just continually plays aswell which is great.

If jackson falls asleep to music and it stops. He wakes. So the continual playing feature is great.

xxxxx

What is white noise an app or what?

You can get it on you tube or apps or buy it off itunes. I've got an album of it off itunes. It's got half an hour of things like water running, static on the telly, womb sounds etc. It doesn't always work with my little fella, but my husband enjoys listening to the waterfall one we have!

Harry loves white noise aswell I have an app on my phone and also a few little machine tjings dotted around the house that play it. He loves it but driving me potty listening to it all the time lol xx

White noise is typically the sound of TV static (remember the days of a black and white fuzzy screen?).

Now it's pretty much used to mean any background noise.

Hoover
Fan
Waves
Rain
Wind
Cat purr
Train

The app I've got (called White Noise), has an "airoplane cabin" which he loves, and OH has the aforementioned Relax app, and has created his own little mix for Cay, which he also loves.

There's loads of free apps.
Download a load and have a play xx

Downloaded an app and shes currently listening to a mix of wave splashes and wind (so she can pretend she's on a beach ;) ) Enjoying it myself anyway! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back