Whimpering and crying in sleep

newbie1984

Reaction score
Hi all

My LO is 6 and a bit months, for the last 4 days he has had runny poos (in between milky poos and weaning poos) and for the last 2 nights he has been whimpering and crying in his sleep a lot. His eyes are shut, I try comforting him, he is fine in my arms but the moment he goes back in his cot he starts again, I feed him, that doesn't help so i resort to calpol which gives me a little break. Do you think this could be teething related or is he having horrid dreams or something? I suspect the heat doesn't help but he hasn't felt hot and he's been going to bed in a vest and gro bag.

He sounds distressed when he whimpers :( any ideas welcome!

Aaron has been doing this for a few nights (he's 10 months), he's certainly not teething, I've put it down to the heat tbh.

As always its mummy guesswork!

My lo has done this on and off for as long as I can remember (now almost 8 and a half months) I've no idea what it is, I've just usually got her up to feed her and she settles back down. I'd love to know if babies can have bad dreams? Or dreams at all really. I mean what can they dream about, milk?? Xx

Babies dream, and can have nightmares or even night terrors.

Think about all they have to process.

Laying facing one way, then turning the other way to see a whole new patch of room? Crazy stuff! Lol :)

We don't learn to dream. While we sleep, our brain organises everything that's happened that day. Sometimes, our brains organisation can awaken a part of the brain we can actually access, and this is when we dream.

We can actually remember everything we've ever experienced, we just don't have the capacity to reach it all. While we sleep, our brain figures out what we need to remember, and what can be shoved out the way.

I need to sleep...lol xx

Think from what I remember its part of their developmental leap. Daisy Grace has been doing it on and off for months too. Blooming terrified me at first but I just got used to it. Xx

tapatalking

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back