Which milk?

amygates88

Reaction score
So I am planning on breast feeding for a week or so then changing to formula feeds. So baby gets some of my immunity ect but I don't want to do it for 6 months. That's my decision. It's made so please don't try and sway me lol! My question is what formulas have people used in te past? I'm well confused by the different kinds!

I'm planning on bottle feeding from the start and we have chosen aptimil xxx

This is my first and I plan to bf however iv heard that each baby will find a diff brand suits them best just like nappies so its best to try diff ones and find what suits your baby best. X

I breast fed for 24 hours and then went to combined. He's on cow and gate and loves it!

xxx

I am not bf at all, I have bought sma gold infant milk & will see how he reacts to it. I've seen an organic one that loos good so might switch to that depending on how I get on - its pricey though. I've bought the pre made bottles for the first week to allow myself enough time to get settled & get in the routine of making bottles x

Thanks ladies. I'm defo gonna try bf but I don't think it's for me already!! I wanted to use hipp organic but I've heat there stopping making it which is a bummer! Also they aren't as ready available as other brands. Also I've been reading and cow and gate and aptamil are made but the same company and I've looked at the ingredients and there the same? But the prices are very different!! X

Cow & gate and aptamil are the same jus marketed differently so buy c&g and save the pennies xx

Sma made quinns poos green and constipated once I finished bfing so switched to c&g and poos are better and back yellow :)

Quinns proud mammy xx Tapatalking xx

cow and gate and aptimel are the same ingredients n all that so it doesnt matter which one ya choose there. iv gone with cow&gate cuz i heard sma was very rich, but if he doesnt take to cow&gate i know to try sma :) xx

Olly is on cow and gate and loves itHavnt had any problems

Xx

All formulas are essentially the same - no one is "better" than any other, but some kids tolerate some better than others.

Best just to pick on and see how your LO gets on with it! X

I plan to breast feed hopefully all goes to plan going to express so hubby can feed bump too xx

I tried them all with owen and ended up and cow and gate so im going to use that. Im not breast feeding either.x

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

I mixed both bf and formula from the beginning with my eldest daughter. I bf mixed with formula for 2 months then my milk stopped naturally. In the hospital the gave her HIPP but it didn't suit her so the ped moved her to another one that made her constipated, so the we changed into Bledina anti reflux, which suited her great!
There is no better formula my ped said, you have to find what suits ur baby, they are all the same.
And by the way my daughter's immunity has been great, she is now 3 and very healthy.

I plan to breast feed hopefully all goes to plan going to express so hubby can feed bump too xx

I bf for few days short of 5 months but Quinn still needed formula once a day as supply drops in evening so id get some lil cartoons of milk just in case xx

Quinns proud mammy xx Tapatalking xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back