Which formula?

EmmaN27

Reaction score
Brooke has had an upset stomach since Friday and I am thinking of changing her milk from Aptimal to a different brand to see if that makes any difference. This isn't the first time she's had a dodgy tummy but it is the worst. Does anyone who changed from Aptimal have any recommendations on which brand to try first?

Thanks

Not much difference between aptimil and cow and gate. Was told this by midwives in hospital. I was told that SMA is the worst formula, but I don't know as I've used c&g from the start xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My friends lo has hipp organic and gets on really well with it
I would say changin milk may make an upset tummy worse tho!
X

how come sma is the worst?:/ thats what charlies on and ive bought sma gold for the new bubba, worried now x

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't worry, it's just I was told that it wasn't the easiest on the tummy, but if your babes are ok on it then carry on as you are. Xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My lo has always been on SMA and we've had no problems whatsoever. I think you just have to find the right one for your bubba. x

yeah, i tried aptimil, c&g, all the different types within the brands (hungry milk etc)

hopefully this baby will like it, just spent 15 quid on bloody milk today! x

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

i changed from Aptamil to Hipp Organic Cambiotic. When you change just gradually change over 1 feed a day to the new milk, its gentler on their tummy's that way.

Freya is pooping every day now, and I dont have to give her water anymore. Its great stuff

We went from Sma to aptamil, I was told the same thing about Sma in hospital but that isn't why I changed to aptamil Sma didn't agree with lo. Mind you there is nothing wrong with me and I was fed Sma :dance: lol

Ive always used cow and gate and had no problems what so ever. i will probably stay with cow and gate but i fancy tryibng something new? is this a bad idea or shall i just use what i no for the new baby? x

Ive always used cow and gate and had no problems what so ever. i will probably stay with cow and gate but i fancy tryibng something new? is this a bad idea or shall i just use what i no for the new baby? x

I wouldn't change it if its suits your baby tbh xx

Sorry just re-read and saw you haven't had the baby yet lol. In that case it's your choice :)) xx

I used SMA gold at the beginning and I then changed SMA hungry baby milk , iv had no problems but my friends baby who was on SMA gold did and the HV said SMa is a lot richer than other brands of formula and due to this is can cause tummy ache . Like I said no idea if its true or not . Xxx

I spoke to health visitor today and she said all formulas are pretty much the same and that I shouldn't bother changing it. Not sure how right she is as I have heard a few people say they changed formulas and it made a difference to the baby. I'm going to give it a couple more days and see how Brooke is, her tummy is still really bad and it has been 6 days now.

We changed from SMA ( gave him green poo and vomited loads) to Aptimil. Thought about trying cow and gate as its the same but cheaper but he wouldn't take it! Typical!

I buy a few of the ready made cartons for him to try before paying out for a whole tub x

My LO has been on Cow & Gate first milk - it didn't suit him very well, so when I moved him to hungry baby milk, I decided to try Aptamil as it was closest to C&G. This didn't suit him either, but persisted for a few weeks. He's been on HiPP Organic Hungry baby milk for about 4 weeks now, and it's the best thing I ever did! So much better for him! I would definitely recommend it.

I honestly think that although chopping and changing milk isn't great for baby - neither is having to suffer with a bad tummy! At the end of the day if some we ate gave us a dodgy tummy - would we carry on eating it?

Where do you get the hipp milk? I've never seen it and what's the price of it? Xx

I've seen hipp milk being sold in Waitrose. I might give this one a try and see if it makes any difference as my best friend also uses this with her baby.

Where do you get the hipp milk? I've never seen it and what's the price of it? Xx

I get it from either ASDA, Tesco or Morrisons - or Boots as a last resort. In the supermarkets it's about £7.66 for the box (a 800g box, rather than the 900g you get with other milks) and the cartons are 61p.

I get it from either ASDA, Tesco or Morrisons - or Boots as a last resort. In the supermarkets it's about £7.66 for the box (a 800g box, rather than the 900g you get with other milks) and the cartons are 61p.

Thank you :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back