Which formula ?? As a back up incase breast feeding isn't successful

Aries29

Reaction score
Well I very much intend to breast feed Ted when he arrives ( due 1/12)
However my last son didn't take to breast feeding at all 10 years ago, so ende up on formula.

But which formula is best ? There is so much evidence to say organic milks are not much better and that all milks contain huge amounts of metal blah blah and that they have lots of ingredients that have shown no significant Benefit

Does anyone have any hard evidence / research about which formula to choose ?!?

My head is spinning !!

Hiya.
With my first daughter she didn't take to breastfeeding so I started her on cow and gate but she didn't take to that one so I changed her to Aptimel and she was fine so second time round I have got some Aptimal ready incase baby doesn't take to breastfeeding. I have read some stories online about SMA giving babies bad tummies and runny poos so I thought it would be best to stick to what I know xx

No hard evidence or research i'm afraid but from personal experience I had to choose a milk in a hurry when my daughter didn't latch. Started on Aptamil which she really didn't get on with so then settled on Hipp Organic which was fantastic. I do think that it partly comes down to which the baby gets on best with and for us that was definitely Hipp. Good luck choosing x

My daughter got on great with hipp organic c

I've been leaning toward hipp organic as its a good price too. I suppose I'll just have to pick one and see which one baby likes if he doesn't take to breast ----
I just don't want to be changing mills all the time :-

With Chris he was first on apatimil but wouldn't settle , then Sma again didn't settle, then farleys which was actually cheapest and he loved it :) but it took months of weaning off and on various milks . They don't sell Farleys any more that I've seen :(.

I mean - if they are all the same surely it only matters what baby likes best - but worried about choosing milk :-/

Hadn't even though about getting back up! I am unsure though because my self-control is awful, especially when I am tired, and I know i'll end up giving up at the drop of a hat with breastfeeding if I know I have something in the house. I guess there are always 24 hour supermarkets around in a real emergency.

I am intending on bottle feeding from the start, my son had a cows milk allergy so was on special milk but when we weaned him off it we tried cow and gate , then aptamil then finally he settled on hipp organic and seemed to work really well with him so we're going with that, no evidence just experience

Thanks ladies - seems hipp organic appears to have been best with babies - I suppose I'll buy 1 tub in, just incase - I have seen it at tesco and my local shop so at least it's easy to obtain :) . I really want to be successful with breast feeding but if my baby doesn't take then at least I have something to feed him at hand.

My baby started with aptimel but now on cow and gate.

If it helps my midwife told me hipp organic is most like real breast milk x

I used hipp organic with my son too. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back