Which car seat do I get?!

Lucie12344

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

So I’m trying to decide on what car seat I should get for my newborn baby (due 26/06), there’s so many options and I’m so confused.

I had my mind set on the Joie 360, supposed to be from newborn - 2years old and has a good safety rating. However upon further investigation a few people have said that the seat doesn’t tilt far enough back for a newborn and their head often flops forward.

Any recommendations please? I’m not fused about cost / lasting long, I just want something safe that has Isofix included.

Thank you!! Xx

Hi ladies,

So I’m trying to decide on what car seat I should get for my newborn baby (due 26/06), there’s so many options and I’m so confused.

I had my mind set on the Joie 360, supposed to be from newborn - 2years old and has a good safety rating. However upon further investigation a few people have said that the seat doesn’t tilt far enough back for a newborn and their head often flops forward.

Any recommendations please? I’m not fused about cost / lasting long, I just want something safe that has Isofix included.

Thank you!! Xx

I found that anything for newborn - 2+ doesn't have fantastic head support for a newborn. I had to buy an insert to keep my baby's head still in mine. This time I will get a 0-12mo capsule for the start and a proper carseat for when they're older.

All carseats have to pass strict safety tests before being sold, so you wont get one that's unsafe. Just make sure it'll fit in your car! :)

I ditto what Winterwolf has said.

We had the Maxi-Cosi rock whilst my son was a newborn - the good thing was that it fitted on our pram if necessary so if he was asleep I didn’t have to wake him to move him etc. We have now gone onto the Axkid Minikid which is rear facing until 6yo (recommended) and is Swedish plus test approved x

I second what winterwolf has said, for newborn I would get a first size baby carrier, basically a 0 or 0+ size, I had the cybex Aton 5 with the isofix base, it was very easy to get in and out of the car and the head support was brilliant, it really encloses them if that makes sense, I’ve now got the joie all stages, still rear facing, she went in this just before her first birthday, I can’t see it being great for a newborn in terms of headsupport, it seems like it’s more suitable for a toddler even though it says suitable from birth

Thanks everyone! I ended up getting the Joie I-level as it reclines so baby can lay in a more natural position... going to get the joie 360 for when they’ve grown out of their first car seat xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back