Which bottles are best for between breastfeeding?

mdsremos

Reaction score
We are seriously wanting to breastfeed when out little one arrives but also want the option to be able to express milk so my DH and family can also be involved as well.

We are really confused on the different options of teats on the market and dont want to run into the problem of baby not accepting the breast again after having used a bottle.

Anyone one ideas as to the best options available????

Well I have just bought some by Tommee Tippee that have got little bumps all over the teat to make them feel like real nipples, as I saw them advertsied a while back.

Mind you, I haven't tried them yet, but will let you know how I get on

My midwife told me not to introduce a bottle if breastfeeding for the first 6 weeks as they involve 2 different sucking actions and the baby can get confused and stop breast feeding. She said that yeah it's nice to get help with feeding but she would most certainly not advise it, and that family members can take over and help in other ways-changing nappies, baths whilst you rest. I was shocked by this as I wanted my OH to take his fair share of night time feeds but I don't want to risk bubba rejecting the breast with confusion. :cry:

Well my LO isnt gonna have any choice in the matter im afraid.......if he cant feed from both bottle and breast within say 2 weeks itll have to b bottle.......although ill still express!

The teats to go for are the slow flow variety of any make....as for bottles, we now use Dr Brown as Damien doesn't bring up wind.
Mothercare ones were fine to start off with as they have good teats and the bottle did the job well enough, but they aren't good if you're using and sterilising them constantly as the numbers come off. Not exactly helpful! :roll:

I have been given conflicting advice about mixing breast and bottle, but I think babies vary as to whether they will take both. Damien didn't as he wasn't well enough to suck properly at the breast, but he suits bottles fine now. He had expressed milk via bottle in the end, so if your littl eone does end up sticking to bottles and won't mix betweeen the two, expressing is still a way to be able to give your LO your milk instead of formula. Some babies feed so often at the breast you really do need the break of someone else being able to feed them - you'll drive yourself bonkers if you don't get a break!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back