Which am I?!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by Ashbee, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Ashbee

Ashbee Well-Known Member

So my last period was 4.1.16 and I ovulated 24th Jan. Going by last period I'm 7 weeks 4 days but going by ovulation I'm 6 weeks and 5 days... So which am I?!

2. kittykitchn

kittykitchn Well-Known Member

Mmm, this is my issue. I know when I ovulated, but every professional will go by LMP. My EDD is 2nd June, but I know I will be due at the end of May from ovulation date.

3. Ashbee

Ashbee Well-Known Member

Have you had a scan for baby to be measured? I don't want to get a 12 week scan date and be a week too early and not get a clear scan! X

4. T84

T84 Well-Known Member

I had this with dd1. I would go by lmp until 12 week scan then they will be able to tell exactly x

5. kittykitchn

I had a scan at 12 weeks, 16 weeks and 20 weeks and still didn't get a measurement/date. They're still going by my LMP!

6. Clare80

Clare80 Well-Known Member

That's unusual isn't it?

My due date was given at 12 week scan (was put forward 2 days compared to lmp)
    I thought every where dated from the 12 week scan, that's one of main points of it!

7. fairyprincess

fairyprincess Well-Known Member

I also had the same problem as I ov late. At my 1st scan I was 7+2 according to LMP and they put me back to 6+1 which I expected but then at my 11+6 scan they moved me forward again to exactly 13 which I would have been according to LMP. That was from measuring baby, hmmm. But they say they can't ever be exact x

8. kittykitchn

Yep, pretty pissed off about it! I'm really not sure why they haven't and what I can do about it? She's been so squiggly at every scan, but I would really like a real EDD!

9. Aes1990

Aes1990 Well-Known Member

I've had the same problem! I've had 4 different EDD's so far and I ov'd late so I know roughly when I should be due but EDD is putting me nearly 3 weeks earlier!!

10. Ashbee

Ashbee Well-Known Member

I have my booking in app with the midwife next week, I hope she listens to me and puts my EDD as my ovulation date rather than period! X

11. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Member

I know exactly when I ovulated as we were having scans before we conceived and early scans measured baby to the exact date I thought but at our 12 week scan we were put a week forward and baby has measured to that at each scan since, so that is the date they are going with! I'm not too concerned as not likely to go to term anyway but I would be worried if it was likely that they would start taking about me being late and inducing when I knew I wasn't! Xx