Where to keep pram

Holi

Reaction score
My pram has just been delivered to store and we are going to pick it up soon! Yey! I'm nearly 34w pregnant so just thought it would be easier keeping it at our house, even if is 'bad luck'

My MIL has quite openly said we are silly for doing this and we are tempting fate! Aren't we tempting fate by getting anything before the birth? And I doubt people wait until baby is here to do all shopping!

Anyways she's really got my back up! How do you all feel about this superstitious? Xx

wow theres superstitious and theres superstitious lol.

I am a little superstitious but to the point where we didnt tell anyone or buy anything till i reached 3 months (but thats just my personal choice). But i think at 34w i think your quite alright :) What are you ment to do not buy a thing until baby arrives? You have to prepare and to be honest im hoping to get as much as possible sooner rather than later as i think when i get too big im not going to be bothered with getting stuff so i want to be ready and waiting.

I think your MIL is being a bit OTT on the whole superstitious thing, im sure it would be more awkward if you had nothing for the baby when he/she arrived!

Get your pram and be excited about it, think she is being a bit of a kill joy he he.

Crickey what with everything we have to deal with we have the MIL also :)

Sorry but I agree with you mil! I'm very superstitious and when I get my pram will be keeping it at my mums until we bring baby home from hospital, I know it sounds stupid but Iv just heard that its bad luck to have the pram in the house before the baby! But if your not superstitious then I would just do what you want! X

I must admit all my family and OHs are superstitious with the whole pram thing so we have ours at his parents and then once the baby is born we'll bring it home. I dont believe you cant buy anything before the baby comes, we have everything sorted now and nursery is all decorated and furniture up its just the pram superstition we believe in. Suppose everyone has their own opinions and if you dont believe in it then go and pick your pram up and ignore your MIL lol :) Just tell her you dont believe in it and your happy for the pram to be at your house. Xx

We had pram home when I was 38w (it had been at my parents before that)

IMO If you believe in one superstition then you have to believe in them all and everything would be bad luck lol!

xxxxxxxxx

My pram has just been delivered to store and we are going to pick it up soon! Yey! I'm nearly 34w pregnant so just thought it would be easier keeping it at our house, even if is 'bad luck'

My MIL has quite openly said we are silly for doing this and we are tempting fate! Aren't we tempting fate by getting anything before the birth? And I doubt people wait until baby is here to do all shopping!

Anyways she's really got my back up! How do you all feel about this superstitious? Xx

My MIL was the same so the solution was it stayed at her house until LO arrived!

Ours has stayed at the in laws. I dnt brlieve in the bad luck tho. Ive gad cotbed up since i was 14wks lol.
But my mum n mil r both terrible n insisted it stayed at either houses.
We got the carseat off her last week n thats in car ready for hospital.

But the prams guna live in OHs boot when Noah is here anyway cos our house doesnt have much storage!! Xx

I wanted to collect mine from my parents as its still in the box in their loft. But I'm not allowed!! Lol xx

Tapatalking. X

Looks like there might be a common theme here!!! Mental parents! :)

MIL can keep it then, but might just keep car seat!

Xxx

Yeah recommend getting that!

MIL woulnt even let me... Then i said ' how am i getting him home from the hospital then!? '
We went over there when she was in work and took it lol! :) glad my OH still has a key! Xx

Well my parents live 50 miles away so I'm not leaving anything there :lol:

I'm going to put mine in the garage once I get it, so technically, its not in the house is it.... :)

Well my parents live 50 miles away so I'm not leaving anything there :lol:

I'm going to put mine in the garage once I get it, so technically, its not in the house is it.... :)

To be fair my in laws live a mile down the road from the hospital I had LO at and OH ended up there most nights for his tea etc, so it was actually easier leaving it all there!

we had ours delivered when i was 36 weeks. What about with second babies? the pushchair is already in the house.

The reason it was seen as bad luck in the olden days was because the mortality rate was so high and they had no way of selling a pram when they lost babies which sadly happened so often that it was something to blame etc. x
Using tapatalk can't see tickers

Ive had my pram since I was 12 weeks!! I wouldnt have anything baby related in my house until I'd had my first scan!! but thats just me! :)

xxx

I don't believe things like that are going to have the slightest effect on my pregnancy. We got given our pram, so have had it up in the house since I was about 7/8 weeks!!

The only things I've not got are whatever my mum has bought us, apparently that's "a gift" for when the baby arrives - nothing to do with superstition though!!

My nursery has been complete since around 22weeks and the pram has been here since then also all ready to go. What on earth has a pram being stored in the house have to do with how the pregnancy is doing? Just nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back