Where to give birth??

Rnicholls

Reaction score
Jw if anyone had thought about where yh would like to give birth yet? A birthing centre, hospital, home birth??

I had my first at hospital and it was a very bad experience, nothing to do with the hospital but it was, I am
Hoping to have a water birth with this one and maybe at a birthing centre? X

Without a doubt...a hospital. With my first, the baby didn't handle the long labor very welsh we had to do an emergency c section. If we had not been at hospital and had to travel to one, not sure if dh would have made it. So I want to be in one this time around as well.

I am not against birthing centres or home births. It's a personal choice and only you can decide what's right for you and your family. :)

I have the choice of two CMU's in the area. One is a natural birthing unit as there are no doctors. It's my closest one and where I was born so I'd love to give birth there but the though of something going wrong and having to be taken in ambulance to another area is a bit daunting. I know if you're high risk or if they suspect you'll need an epidural for whatever reason you have to go to the other hospital.

I really want a waterborth but don't know what to go for, hospital where there is only 1 pool so there a chance you might not get it? Or the birthing centre where there are 2, still a chance you won't get it but less a chance, but no doctors at birthing centre but its part of a hospital so would only need to be transfers to ward ? X

Best way to decide is to tour both, meet the staff, and see where you feel best about.

Luckily my hospital has a birthing unit centre in it :) so once I get further along I want to tour all the rooms :) I would ideally want a water birth :) just think it would be amazing :) x

I had a choice with my first but went with the hospital as the birthing centre is 45 mins away (blue light ambulance ride) and didn't want the transfer if there were any complications. I'd also told my OH that I would like a home birth next time if everything went smoothly (hate hospitals - work in one, but not a good patient!). Unfortunately I'm high risk, so no choice for me! Hospital it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back