where to give birth?

Discussion in 'Forum Friends' started by Jadie, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Jadie

Jadie Well-Known Member

are any of you consider giving birth in a midwife led unit?

there is one close to me but not sure where to go!

do you have any information you could share with me?

i was considering a home birth so i guess the unit would be safer than that?

thanks for your help!

confused and worried jadie

2. MrsG

MrsG Well-Known Member

Hi

I am hoping to give birth in a birthing centre, ran by midwifes. GP said its not a problem as long as I have a pregnancy without complications. I think I will feel happier in the centre as its smaller scale, so hopefully you get much better care than in a large ward.

I know if you do go to a BC you cannot have an epidural, or possibly forcepts or vontouse (dont know how to spell that) as there are no doctors available for you. so as long as you want gas and air or pethadine you should be fine. Mine also caters for water births which is great for me as I like the idea of that, but apparently not all do.

Hope this some help to you.

3. Jadie

Jadie Well-Known Member

thanks for your help. I think I will chose the BC as it smaller and more relaxed like what you said!

the busy place would freak me out more I think.

i will be a complete mess by the time it comes round so relaxd place is better for me!

the one near me also has a birthing pool, i am going to resaerch giving birth in the water too!

keep in touch,

Jadie