Where do you buy your formula?

Lucy

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondered if it was just me that didn't know this or if it's just certain areas but yesterday when I took Olivia to be weighed there was a pricelist for boxes of formula - which seemed discounted than shops on the highstreet? A box of Aptimil 1 was £5.15 and I think in Boots/Asda it's
£6.97?

So, just out of curiousity, do you all buy formula from the health centre? I've only bought one box so far as I'm only using it as the odd top up for Olivia or when I'm going to miss a feed.

Lucy

I used to get mine from boots etc but ita about 50/60pence cheaper at the baby clinic so got some from there yesterday

In my town i can only buy Reece's type of milk (C&G omneo Comfort) in boots and asda. I'm an hours walk away from asda so i have to go to town to boots.

i get mine from the baby clinic its £3 cheaper :shock: i normally get it when i get Dylan weighed

I get mine from tescos!!!! They seem to have all the brands there, even omneo comfort.
I don't even know what a baby clinic is!!! :shock: sorry if I sound stupid, but how do you find out if there is one in your town? :?:

Mel xx

Your health vistor should give you info on the baby clinics in your area, they tend to be at dr's etc and basically you can take the baby to be weighed and there are health visitors there to discuss any concerns etc with

Thanks Michelle!

At the moment, my Health Visitor still comes at home, that's probably why I haven't discovered the baby clinics yet!!! :wink:

She is coming tomorrow, so I will ask her then .

Mel xx

Hiya Lucy,
I got mine from the health centre on weigh in day. It was a bit cheaper.

Melhoney,
Your docs will probably have a morning when you can just drop by and get baby weighed by a hv. If you have a red book you just take it with you and they mark it up. Its like weight watchers for babies :D
Thats great your hv still comes to see you, it saves a lot of farting around when you arent up to it.

lol - Melhoney - glad you asked that - Ive not heard of a baby clinic either!! and my HV comes to me so that is why!!!!??

L x

My HV did come out twice once for the first visit then a follow up the following week after that you go to the baby clinic as and when you want to. i also saw the HV at 6 weeks before our 6 week check at the Dr's as they do half and the Dr's do half here

I found out recently from my HV that we dont get a 6 week check :cry: - i think thats crap as i have a few things i need to discuss vwith docs!

L x

I would just book an appt then and go along I thought you were meant to get a six week check its in the babies red book!!!

Yeah thats what ive done (even though its only been 3 weeks) - the reason being due to funny mole which appeared on my nipple :oops: and now the doc wants me to go to the skin clinic - to get it checked out (freaked me out a bit now - might do a seperate post to see if anyone else got anything like it)

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back