Where do you buy all basic every day stuff?

MariaIsabella

Reaction score
We are moving house next week so have bought nothing so far!! But will have to start when we have settled in :)

I know you need a lot of basic things such as stretchies, nightgowns, vests, rompers, sleepers etc. All the cute things more for special occasions i will just get when i see them ( and happy to spend a little more ) but what about the every day basics i just mentioned?

Can you recommend a place or online site selling all this at a reasonable cost ( no need to spend a fortune on it since its basic things which needs to be changed several times a day to wash..

Feeling completely lost so far!! :)

Thanks xxx

Sainsburys is fab for basics they have 25% if at the moment and they do that quite frequently xx

Asda, sainsburys or tesco. They all sell the same sort of stuff.

Asda, morrisons, Primark and mothercare for me x

Yeah, supermarkets are the ideal place for basics xx

Supermarkets, primark, matalan r always places ive tried for basic bits.

Wilkinsons & homebargains/b&m r always good for toiletries too xxx

Thanks ladies! Perfect! Can you get all from the stores ( supermarkets ) or better online?
Xx

We only recently started buying clothing during the last couple of weeks, but so far we have bought from matalan, primark, tesco, asda, tk maxx and boots. We haven't gone too mad because DH's sister has a lot of second hand items available and grandparents/parents have started to knit things as well!

A few friends have suggested buying from next because it's decent quality and we've also been told to look out for integrated scratch mitts on sleep suits - so far we've seen them in next, boots and morrisons!

Hope this helps!

Sainsburys 25% off event is on until the end of the day :) xx

Tesco and primary sre great value, also keep an eye on www.pumpkinpatch.co.uk for cute clothes and things - awesome value and have a lot of promotions

I've bought pretty much everything from www.babipur.co.uk :oops:

I did buy some plain white vests and babygrows from John Lewis though, purely because I won a £25 gift card from my bank! for John Lewis and didn't know what else to spend it on (I never shop there lol).
It actually was cheaper than I thought it would be. I got 3 tiny baby vests, 3 newborn vests, and 3 newborn sleepsuits, and paid the delivery cost, and still have about £2.50 left on the card.

Just been and bought some lovely bits from morrisons 3 pretty sleepsuits £7 and 3 vests £4 5 pairs of socks for £2 xx

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advise ladies!

Just moved house and everything in boxes and sleeping on an airbed so a mess! Will take a long time to get sorted so a little worried about all the stuff I need.. Don't want to buy anything until I have good space for it so hopefully we can clear out a bit in a week or so!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back