Where and in what does your baby sleep?

Emma.b

Reaction score
I'm just wondering how many ladies opted for putting there babies straight into the cot?

We bought Harrison a moses basket but he hates it, will settle any where apart from the basket. So were currently using his pram cot as a alternative. Only Harrison is a big lad at 2+3 weeks he weighed 10lb! So i dread to think what he weighs now lol. He's soon going to out grow his pram top.

He bought a cotbed for him for when he gets bigger but i'm thinking at this rate he may have to go in it sooner. I'm trying to figure out how to fit it in our bedroom, as you can see i thought this through when buying a giant cotbed :/

If it won't fit then i'll have to buy a smaller cot for now, but i'd rather have him in his cotbed so he can get use to it before moving him into his own room.

At what age did you out your little ones into a cot/cotbed? Is 3+5 weeks too early? I haven't a clue! lol haha

x x x

Evan slept in his carrycot for the first 4 weeks and then he went into the cot. I put off putting him in sooner but he could easily have gone in a week or two before. He flails around a lot so the carrycot was too snug. Our bedroom is massive though so the cot is at the end of our bed.

The general advice is to have them sleeping in the same room for the first 6 months, and in whatever is comfortable for them xx

My son is a big one! He's 15 weeks and 75cm tall! We just managed to get 10 or 11 weeks out the moses basket before putting him in his cot bed. Personally I wouldn't waste money on a small cot cos if he's anything like my son he won't be in it for long! We just put our son in his own room when we moved him into his cot bed as we didn't have room for it in our room either. To be honest it was well timed as he started sleeping through then too. I'm not sure I would've liked him in his own room that young, although I thought he was too young when we moved him and it worked really well.

I put h into his cot because he wouldn't settle in his basket at night. His cot is only a small one though so not as big as a cot bed. Even though he looks tiny in it. Also it is in our room x

JJ has been sleeping in a moses basket, but unfortunately he is now getting too long for it - I think he will outgrow it in the next 2 weeks!

We did try and put him in his cot when he was around 4 weeks old, but he wouldn't settle all night and DH ended up sleeping on the rocking chair in the nursery!! Epic fail...

Tonight we are attempting to put him in his big boys cot again...I'm not going out tmrw and don't have anything in particular to do, so can lounge around in PJ's if it doesn't go well lol!

The only problem is, his nursery is on the middle floor of our house, a floor below our bedroom...so I'm probably not going to sleep very well anyway, worrying about him! We have a great video and sound monitor set up...but I'm still probably going to lay awake watching him on screen! xx

James didn't go into his cot-bed until he was 5 months :shock:

He slept in his pram carry cot until he was 7 weeks as he hated his crib but between 7w - 5 months he went in crib.

xxxxxxxx

When Zachary outgrew his Moses basket, I bought a matress for his travel cot and he slept in that in our room, as his cot was too big for our room. He went in his own room at about 5 and a half months xxx

When Zachary outgrew his Moses basket, I bought a matress for his travel cot and he slept in that in our room, as his cot was too big for our room. He went in his own room at about 5 and a half months xxx

My fella said about getting a travel cot but i said it could be too uncomfortable as the bases are so thin. What type of mattress did you buy to go in it? My mum has a graco travel cot which we could pinch and i'll just buy a mattress. Will be so much easier then trying to drag through and squeeze a cotbed in our bedroom! Lol

xx x

I put Harry in his cot, in his own room at about 6 weeks. He's a noisy sleeper so was constantly waking us up, and he was constantly being woken by us getting up to go to the loo, turning over etc. I know it's a hell of a lot earlier than what's recommended but u genuinely think its the best thing we done! His sleeping improved so much once he was in his own room! Xxx

Harry is nearly 7 months and still in with me. He was in his Moses basket till about 4 months (he loved it) and he's now in a travel cot.
I'm lucky he's such a good sleeper and I don't really plan to move him into his own room and the cot till 9 months when I go back to work.
It's whatever you feel comfortable with but personally I love waking up to his little babbling at the side of my bed!

Amelie went in her cot in her own room pretty much immediately. Maybe 2 weeks? Until then we both slept in the living room (she was in a huge Moses basket than after used for daily naps) simply so we are closer to the bath and the kitchen.
Once her nights became more settled and she started settling slightly better at night she moves upstairs with us (well in our walk in closet so 2 m away from me but with a door in between)
First night back from the hospital I tried with her near my bed in a cosleeper crib but I just couldn't switch my brain off because of her little noises so I was constantly awake looking at her.
So yeah it was pretty much from the very beginning from us.
Never had a problem. I had a breathing monitor though and a video camera to check on her all night.
Luckily enough she dropped down to one feed per night at 4 weeks so it was the best solution for all of us (my oh had a hard time adjusting in the new life with a baby and a baby crying from its too of its lungs at night in the same room would be close to him resenting her-sounds awful but he is now amazing with her and loves her so much he just can't physically do sleepless nights while I have no problem at all with almost no sleep)

I suppose whatever works for you and your baby.
The official recommendation is to keep them with you until 6 m old but cot or crib or Moses basket dosent really matter bough rand new babies may feel overwhelmed in a big open space like a cot.

My twins are in a cot and have been from day 3 :) It was the easiest option with two sharing. I removed one side and it is attatched to my bed, like a co sleeper, absolutely essential for breastfeeding twins, lol ;)

Libs is in a crib in our room and has been since day 1, I'm nowhere near ready to let her go into her cotbed in her own room.

Sent from my new shiny iPhone using Tapatalk

My fella said about getting a travel cot but i said it could be too uncomfortable as the bases are so thin. What type of mattress did you buy to go in it? My mum has a graco travel cot which we could pinch and i'll just buy a mattress. Will be so much easier then trying to drag through and squeeze a cotbed in our bedroom! Lol

xx x

The matress I bought was a travel cot matress from mothercare, it is pretty thin but he slept really well on it and was miles more comfortable than being squished in his basket. Xxx

Moses basket until he outgrew it at 7 weeks then cotbed in his own room xx

ruby was in a Moses basket untill last week (at 12weeks) we move her into a cot as she just didnt fit in the Moses basket anymore, and tbh it was pushing it for 3weeks before that as she wriggles in her sleep and kept waking herself up by smacking her head on the side!

they generally advise a cribb or moses basket as most babies dont like the big open space of a cot right away, if he won't sleep in a Moses basket I'd put him straight in a cot/his cot bed, as long as its in your bedroom so u can keep a close eye on him same as u would in a basket, u could get a space saver cot as an interim if u don't have the room for a cotbed in your bedroom?

I was going to suggest exactly this! Then if you don't have a lot of room once it's up it can be folded away every day? Both sets of Grandparents have a travel cot and mattress at their houses for the grandkids.

Harry's in his crib in our room and still has enough room. He's a tummy sleeper so can't fling his arms about and is more than happy in there. He does nap in his cotbed in his bedroom during the day though because it has his camera in there so i can keep an eye on him x

Crib from the day we came home from hospital until 8.5months. She's now in the cot bed at the bottom of my bed. Only out of crib as arms would get stuck and still in with me as we just moved and her bedroom is where all our furniture in until we unpack. Shes only just outgrew her pram carrycot at grannys house. Im gutted as its so pretty. Xx
tapatalking

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back