When?!

Bethanybiggin

Reaction score
When did you all start buying the big things?
I'm 13 week and fell in love with the furniture set I want but feel like it's to early to get anything like that yet

Not at all! I bought a moses basket after my scan the first time and ordered my furniture to come two months before baby was due.

Think I was about 25 weeks when I bought , but I'd chosen it by about 15 weeks! I only waited because I was going to the baby show and knew I'd get a good discount, which I did. Think I would have waited until 20 weeks to buy anyway, but that's just me.

A lot of shops just require a deposit and will hold things/deliver near to your due date. We bought/ ordered things after the first scan x

Ordered my furniture just going to leave it all packed up in the nursery as nursery is already decorated and empty!

Ooh fab, sometimes you just have to buy things when you see a good deal :) we ordered our pram this time round at about 12 weeks as it was on offer ... Was supposed to sell my old one but I can't bring myself to do it as I love it so much haha :) not that it is any use to me anymore x

Bought my pram when my son was 10 weeks, it was too good an offer to pass up

Nursery was built yesterday in our house ... Hehe!

I decided to wait until much later on as I was a little anxious about it all, but it's your decision, absolutely. Xxx

I bought a little baby grow after the 12 week scan, then started to pick things up along the way from around 24 weeks. We ordered the cot etc around 28 weeks as it was on offer. I don't think there is any right/wrong time to buy, if there is a bargain to be had, don't let it go! Xx

Didn't consider the big things till after the 20 week scan. Currently 29 weeks & literally just assembled the pram last night. Xxx

I had this I had comments from OH side that I was buying stuff early but I figured with the cost of stuff I'd rather feel less pain monthly! I had vests, and onesies, my bottles, sterilizer, warmer by 14 weeks and last week we picked up all the nursery furniture (I'm now 18 weeks) figure that's the basics, now I have a few months to get the pram, car seat, bedding and breast pump I don't feel quite so panicked about getting everything x

I agree with robbda, it is less financially painful when it is spread over the months :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back