When will this bleeding stop

V1ck1

Reaction score
Hi I miscarried a 1 week and 3 days ago I was 12 weeks but the babies heartbeat had stopped around 8 1/2weeks the bleeding is still red/orange had enough of it now hate having to wear sanitary towels feel awful especially at work

Xx

Last edited:
You poor thing. It's so horrible isn't it? So sorry for your loss.
Unfortunately everyone is different.
To be honest, mine lasted for a long time, but this was before I have fully miscarried or even knew I was pregnant.
You need to rest and look after yourself. It does make you feel rotten. If you haven't had time off work, I would recommend it. It gives you time to relax and slow things down a bit. Hopefully you have understanding employers.
Maybe go to GP for some advice? (A female, I would say!)
Good luck. It's mostly, sadly, a case of riding out the storm.
Xxxx

To be honest it waa a long time for me too. I think I bled for about 6 weeks. In my case it took a long time for me to loose all the tissue and then when the bleeding had almost stopped it started up again heavy which I think was actually my 1st period. I think 2 or 3 weeks of bleeding is more normal though.

Sorry for your loss hon, it must be so hard getting all the way to 12 weeks then finding out! I wasn't as far gone as that and I was bleeding for 4 long weeks but they do now think that I had a hidden twin. Also I had the medically managed miscarriage with the pills. I finished bleeding for 2 days then my period arrived!!

At the time I didn't know of anyone that had bled for that long, it had only been around a week or so and some only a few days, but everyone is different and every situation is different. In my case my body didn't handle it well and we had multiple trips to A&E and the EPU and had most of the time off work (They were very good about it) It also took ages for my hcg to go back down as I had some retained tissue.

Try and rest up as it really takes it out of you! If you're worried about anything, go back to where you were getting treatment and they will monitor you. X

Hi.
I'm so sorry for your loss....I was very similar to you - found out at 13 weeks and baby measured 8 weeks.
I bled for about 10-12 days. Initially it was very heavy with lots of clots, then gradually just fizzled out.
Sanitary towels are a nightmare! Well, they were for me as I don't use them normally, so I get what you mean that!

So have you returned to work? As posted earlier, maybe take some time off? Please don't think I telling you what to do. In my experience, it's wise to deal with the things as they happen (come to terms, talk, cry etc) as if they are suppressed, it often all comes out at a later date. Maybe rest your body? A lot has happened emotionally and physically.

I hope things ease for you real soon.....take care X

Thank you for all your comments really appreciate the advice been crying my eyes out this evening looking at pics of my daughter when she was a newborn and it just hit me full on the face letting it all out ....been back at work only had a week off my work is so busy I'm a very busy person I work a lot of hours being a carer in the community and being a hairdresser at home on my days off ....been working so hard to save for maternity leave this time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back