When will O like baths?

Lilelephant

Reaction score
Lol little O screams the house down when he is bathed or top and tailed and it makes it so hard cos he is thrashing around argh

Maybe he's getting cold & upset. Grace hates top & tailing but loves the bath, we have a heater in the bathroom though so its nice and toasty

I'm still bringing Jacob's bath into our bedroom where I bath him as it's always so cold in the bathroom even with the heating on but it's nice and warm in our room so he enjoys it all the time now. I'll move to the bathroom when the weather gets warmer.

Have you tried going in the bath with him? Also Caitlin much prefers the water warmer than the baby temp says it should be lol,

I bath him in front room by the heater, will try having water a bit warmer tho!

Have one with him :) M still will only bathe with someone as she likes the security :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Issac has only started liking bath times since he was put in the but bath, i have a bean bag support thing. I down think he felt secure when i bathed him in the baby bath x

You won't drop him just don't have any bubble bath etc I found it easier than holding her in the bath x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Def easier to get in the bath with them. Kynon started loving his when I made them really deep and warmer, he used to scream too and def think it was because he was cold

Try a bit warmer, my lo was cold at first and do try having one with him.
I normally get in a hot bath, have a nice bath and when it cools down, my DH brings lo :D

our O didn;t like baths for ages, after about 6/7 weeks he got better - we always put a warm wet flannel over his tum and that him feel a bit more secure and less vulnerable and naked x

Alfie used to be exactly the same!! Until I took him swimming for the first time lol after that he loved his baths!!

Stanley luckily loves his baths...Ive got him that white seat from Mothercare that he sits in and he goes in the big bath :) x

Alice didnt like her first bath, did it a bit warmer and she loves it! xx

Aoibheann and lily both hated them but they love baths now . They get used to them honestly xx

we have the same problem with our little man- we have moved the bath into his room and try to keep his favourite toy nearby. We chat to him and smile a lot to reassure him. He still gets a bit upset afterwards when we are getting him dry but seems better than when he was in the bathroom- think it was just too cold for him in there, and alien- afterall he was never in there except when having a bath, whereas he is in his room everytime we change his nappy!

I have worked out what it is! He hates being naked lol as soon as he is in the bath and in the water he stops screaming and then when I het him out he screams til he is wrapped in his towel he he
Little shy boy!

Aww bless him! Alice loves being naked, hope that phase will pass when she's older! Lol but she's not keen on bath time, I think she feels a little cold when she first goes in so we put our hands in the water and rub them on her tummy before we put her in. It seems to work most of the time x

Angel hated it at first she used to scream from the moment I undressed to the moment I put her in her pjs lol. But I started doing it every single night and she loves it now. I make sure the bathroom is nice and warm for her and I undress her and let her have some 'bare bum time' while the bath runs so she can hear it. Everywhere I've read say to have the water at about 37C but it seemed to cold for her so I have it about 37-39C and she loves it. Also I just have like a bouncy chair which goes in our normal tub and I have a little jub which I use to pour water over her so she stays warm. When I get her out I dry and change her in our bedroom where it always warm :) I always sing and talk and laugh with her during the whole process so she associates it with being fun. With top+tailing I make its warm again and laugh and play etc and again she loves that too :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back