When will my time come?

Donna88

Reaction score
Aghh sorry, not sure why I'm posting this but I need a rant.

I'm coming off the depo injection, last injection was due 22 weeks ago, so I've been off it as long as I was on it for.... but no sign of ovulation. I'm having lots of symptoms, which have been shocking these past few weeks, I have to take pain killers to be able to sleep at night because my back ache and cramps are so bad. Yesterday I saw a faint line on an opk, which I was hoping would start to get darker (as all I've had before were completely blank ones) but today I'm back to blank :wall2:

I just feel stupid every time I think my time is coming. I hate the not knowing when it's going to happen, I think if someone could tell me that I'd be running as normal in a years time, although I'd be gutted at least I could work towards that years time. Where as now, even if I think I'll focus on trying in summer.... I have that little voice that tells me ''oooo but it could be sooner'' and everytime I get some CM or a bit of a bleed I can't help but get excited and think something is starting to happen. :(

I'm sorry.

I wish women were told how much depo can mess with their fertility before being given it!

I've been on pregnancy & birth message boards for 12 years (iVillage) and it was a common thing for women on depo to struggle to conceive or even get periods back properly even months after stopping the injections.

I hope yours returns soon.

I don't really know much about it but there are herbal supplements you can take to restore your cycles which may help

Alfalfa (Agrimonia eupatoria)
Alfalfa is a tonic herb, one that supports health by nourishing the body. Alfalfa is of special interest to women because of its estrogenic activity.

Black Cohosh root (Actaea racemosa)
Black cohosh has been used for hundreds of years to help bring on a menstrual period. Aids in tone, regular function and shedding of the uterine lining. Promotes regulation of the entire menstrual cycle. Helps to calm and support the uterus.
Black Seed Oil (Nigella sativa)
Black cumin seed oil is used as a healthy dietary supplement. Black seed oil contains fatty acids, vitamins and minerals in a unique cell structure.

Blue Cohosh Root (Caulophyllum thalictroides)
Blue cohosh is generally used in combination with other herbs, often black cohosh, to treat menstrual disorders. The herb is one of the traditional herbs often used to induce labor.

Chamomile (Matricaria recutita)
Chamomile is an excellent remedy for any emotional disorders that involve stress, anxiety, and tension. The apple-like aroma relaxes and calms and the tea is used home remedies

Chaste Tree (Vitex agnus-castus)
Chasteberry's normalizing and balancing action is what makes the herb valuable in treating irregular menses and infertility. For chronic problems, it is most effective when taken over a prolonged period of time.

Dong Quai root (Angelica sinensis)
This is the main herb for this issue. Dong Quai works by promoting blood flow to the pelvis where it will stimulate an absant or scanty period. It also nourishes the blood (it is in nearly all Chinese herbal blood-building formulas). Treats iron deficiency and anemia. One of the best uses is it helps women who are not menstruating to invite there menstruation back. The increased circulation also helps to strengthen and balance the uterus.

Marjoram,Sweet (Origanum majorana)
Sweet marjoram is a fragrant culinary herb and the sweet, herbaceous essential oil is used in aromatherapy for emotional uplift and soothing nerves. In ancient medicine, Marjoram was used to draw love and fertility.
Motherwort aerial parts (Leonurus cardiaca)
This herb is very effective at reducing uterine muscle spasm, cramping and improving uterine tone. Motherwort has been found to mildly stimulate the uterus, while also aiding the uterus to work efficiently, which is helpful in bringing on menstruation.
White Peony (Paeonia officinalis)
This herb is helps build the blood and increase circulation to the reproductive organs. Overall this herb has excellent hormone balancing support. It also aids in pain reduction and relaxation. White peony moves the blood in the pelvic area, good for uterine stagnant conditions including absent period.

Ylang-Ylang (Cananga adorata)
Ylang-ylang oil is distilled from the early morning, fresh-picked flowers of the cananga tree. Ylang-ylang oil is stimulating, yet relaxing with antiseptic and aphrodisiac properties.

The following herbs would be used once the first menstrual period comes back or after performing a Fertility Cleanse.
Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus)
Shatavari helps to promote regular menstrual cycles by aiding in regulation of estrogen levels. Shatavari is also an adaptogen that supports endocrine system function for healthy hormonal balance.
Tribulus (Tribulus terrestris)
This herb has been shown to normalize ovulation in infertile women. Tribulus supports healthy hormone levels, is a known female reproductive system tonic and may increase libido.
Vitex (Vitex agnus-castus)
Vitex is another great herb for amenorrhea due to hormonal imbalance. It helps to balance the hormones while not containing any hormones within the herb. Vitex supports hormonal balance in the body by having an effect on the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis (hormonal feedback loop), correcting the problem at the source. There have been numerous studies showing the effectiveness of vitex for all types of menstrual cycle irregularities when used for many months consistently.

(pulled from a website).

Maybe look into each of them and decide whether taking one or some may be beneficial? x

Thank you, that's really helpful :)

I'm already taking the agnus castus but thinking of stopping it once I've finished the ones I have as not sure if it's that giving me a lot of symptoms.

I'm also taking evening primrose, pre-conception tablets (just so I know I have all the vits I need when I finally do ovulate) and drinking raspberry leaf tea. I also have camomile tea in, don't know if that will help but camomile is on the list.

I'll read through your list and see if there's anything else I think might be any good for me. Thank you again.

Yeah, I really think the effects should be talked through properly with you. They stress so much that you need to have the injection on time and if not on time earlier is better than later... like so much, that when they say it can take up to a year to come out of your system I think most people think that the up to a year is the minority. When actually those that get their fertility back straight away are the minority. I'm really annoyed as well as when I had my last shot I was having it a little early and she asked why and we talked about the fact that I was getting married... I don't know why she didn't then say, ''do you realise chances are it will take a lot longer if you do want to come off it.'' Sounds silly but I'd be 3 months ahead of myself then if I hadn't had that one before the wedding.

Thank you :)

Well I'm wondering if I might ovulate this weekend (will be two weeks after I had an extremely light period.) I've been doing opk's and starting to see a very faint line. I'm not getting too excited until it gets darker, but trying to stay positive about it without getting too disappointed if it doesn't happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back