When will midwife...

CarlyD

Reaction score
When will I get a chance to go through my birth plan and related questions? I've got a few things I want to ask but every time I've been so far they've been running at least 20 mins late and I feel very rushed out the door. But I just go and think "I'm sure they will bring it up nearer the time" Anyone know when they might be willing to discuss it with me? Is one of the later appointments specifically for this purpose? X

Can't see how many weeks you are as I'm on my phone, but I've been told we will be doing this this week for my 36 week appointment. Hope that helps hon x

Ah ok I'm getting ahead of myself - still got another 5 weeks 5 days to wait! Never mind :) Thank you! X

I never did, then again I moved house and midwives at about 34 weeks!

My midwife has never mentioned a birth plan and during my appointments there has never been enough time to do one anyway. It might be best mentioning it to her next time u see her that you would like to spend some time discussing it with her and see what she says x

Just did mine at my 38 week appointment but is my 2nd child.

Mine was never interested............

She saw my copies in my notes and just 'hmmphh' at it - rude mare!!

I was told we will talk about birth plan at next appointment (36 weeks) - so hope I see the same midwife next time, as usually I see different people and they don't seem to stick to the same schedules as each other!

Thanks for your replies! So does anyone know if (generally) the hospital needs to know in advance if I want to use the birth pool? Or is it just a case of mentioning it whenever you go in and hoping it's free? (assuming I'm not induced and it happens at a random time) also (generally) will we get a permit to park the car when I go into labour? Xx

Didnt get to do one last time and no talk of this time either.

I think you can state in notes you want pool but it's luck of draw when u get to hosp if it's free or not as it cant be reserved/pre booked. Just mention when u go into hosp u want to use if free

Ive not heard of hospitals giving permits or free parking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back