When will I get a negative??

Cosmogirl7

Reaction score
Ladies I had my D&C on the 12th of June, just done a pg test and its still positive. When will it go negative? Does it mean I won't ovulate till it goes negative? Xxx

I asked a similar question to the nurse I saw at my EPU last Monday. While she was scanning me i asked her if she could tell me if i was about to ovulate as i have no idea where i am in my cycle. she said I won't ovulate until my levels drop back down to non pregnant levels. I have to repeat a pregnancy test on Monday as my levels were over 1000miu 2 weeks after medical management for my miscarriage.

Michelle x

Thanks Michelle.

Must admit I'm pretty shocked, I thought it would have gone negative by now. Is there anything you can do or take to speed things up a bit? I'm too impatient for this ttc malarkey xxx

I ovulated 21 days after my mc and D&C. My test remained positive until I got my AF. So you can ovulate whilst still having a positive test.

I am taking tablets now to help me pass the last of my "retained products" so once that has all happened my levels should fall even further and tests should go negative. The bleeding and discharge is definitely getting lighter so I am pretty sure the tablets have worked and I can finally get closure and start to move on from this horrendous time.
How are you getting on with everything?

Michelle x

Last edited:
Mine went negative about 3weeks after the bleeding started x

Mine went negative 2weeks after my mc, i hadn't tested before that though so may have been sooner xxx

The doctor told me to test 2 weeks after bleeding stopped so guess by then it should be negative if its still positive i have to go back to drs the 2 week wait is driving me insane!! X

I have heard on the miscarriage association forum on fb that it can take up to 8 weeks to get a neg but i would call epau for advice if you're concerned xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back