When will i feel movement?

holly1

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Im 16 weeks today and this is my first, just wondering when i should feel the baby move and what its suppose to feel like? Would i just no when it happens or is it a little less obvious?

I just cant wait to feel my baby move.

x

Everyone is diff Hun but with my 1st not until At least 20 weeks x

As Nbrintz says it really is different for everyone, but mine started around 18 weeks. It starts as little flutters in your belly, and then mine moved on to 'tapping' which I felt on my cervix. For me, they didn't really become distinguishable kicks until about 22 weeks.

Last edited:
My mum felt me move at 14/15 weeks little flutters :)
She felt it very early but I guess it depends on how uterus is positioned , where baby is, how in tune you are with your body etc etc..:) but dont worry alot of people dont feel but til 20 odd weeks! :)hope you feel bub very soon!! :)

Xx

My first was around 20 weeks but they were not regular until after 23 weeks xx

thank you so much for your feedback. Really usefull information in that everyone feels it at different times and also how its going to feel. Im so excited :)

Thanks Alot x

Well I have just been in the bath and baby has had a mad 10 minutes, most activity I have seen so far - distinguishable rolls and I could tell which end was which! :)

I felt flutters at 15 weeks and now at 17 weeks the movements are still light and not very obvious.

I find I notice them when sitting quietly or lying in bed, they feel like something in my belly is twitching. Not very obvious at all!

I felt weird popping bubble sensations from around 16 weeks, at 18 weeks they turned into definite pokes and at 20 weeks I still get pokes but also starting to get definite strong kicks :) I think the first movements you will feel could be mistaken for wind in your tummy when it is in fact baby, happened to me at first then i realised it was baby when it happened regularly lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back