When to try again after MC - Will i be high risk?

Twister999

Reaction score
Ive just stopped bleeding after MC (@ 5 weeks). When does every one start trying again? The doctor said give it a few months, but I kinda want to start after my next period..

Also will my I be classed as high risk? Ive had 2 kids before but since then I had had a coil, and had to have an operation after bad smear results, I wonder if this has upset my bodies balance..?

I had my mc 2 weeks ago now and wasnt told anything by the doctor we arnt actively 'trying' but we arent doing anything to prevent it from happening, no idea when to expect af to appear either. Xxxx

Hi there and welcome. I have two daughters age 7 and 5 and I had a mc (miscarriage) between them at 10 weeks. I waited for my first period (AF) and then we tried again cycle 2 and got my positive! Pregnancy was fine. I then had the coil for almost 5 years and had it removed in December. I went on the pill for a couple of weeks and had a bleed in January. I then caught pregnant in February but had a MMC (missed miscarriage) last month at 11+4. We started trying again straight away and did not wait for my first period. I did not catch and had my first AF a couple of weeks ago but keeping my fingers crossed for this month.

I would say tri when you feel ready not when others suggest. You will find as many success stories for those who tried straight away, as those who waited a cycle or more.

Good luck xx

I wasn't advised to wait at all after mine - so ttc again before AF even came.........I had a 7 week and 10 week loss.

I have also had 2 children previously - and conceived them both on 3rd cycle trying with no losses - so this is all new to me and I guess my fertility has changed a lot since I had my DD in 2009! I am 35 tomorrow.

Unless you have any medical reason not to try again sooner I don't see why you can't try after your next AF.

Just try when you feel ready. You won't be classed as high risk because you've had a mc.

Hey I think the more up to date advice is for a'simple' mc you can start trying straight away. I think your risk will be exactly the same as last time 1in 4 unless you have any other high risk factors like being older smoking etc. best of luck x

I wasnt advised to wait after my mmc but decided to wait for my period, got pregnant straight away and had a chemical. Had another period after that and am pregnant again but it looks like its ectopic. Not sure if any of it is related to trying so soon as other ladies have tried again soon after mc and things have been ok xxx

Hi Iwant3, I think im in about the same position as you, Im 32 next month :( and my last baby was 2007 also...

Ive never had this MC worry before... Its gona be a massive worry this time :(

Im glad to hear that no one else was told to wait though, so we can get stuck back in LOL, however after all this Im not feeling "fruity" in the slightest :)

I had two kids (boy '03, girl '07) then had 2 MCs (nov 11 and Feb 12). After the first MC I was still classed as low risk but after I lost that one (4th pregnancy) the next pregnancy my doc treated as High risk until I passed the 12 week scan.

Personally If I had my time again I would have waited a little longer than one period before I tried between my 3rd and 4th pregnancies. After my second MC I waited 3 months before trying and I now have a 5 month old. I really wish I had waited and not gone through that second MC.

Oh yeah both my MCs were completely natural at 8 weeks and 10 weeks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back