When to stop sterilising?

Froslass

Reaction score
Obviously I'll be sterilising all of hollies things for a while yet but when exactly should I stop? A year? Or before that! Xx

They say it's safe after 6mths but i'm doing Jack's until he's a year old when he goes onto full fat cows milk. Just to be safe x

My hv told me the other day that you need to sterilise all bottles while you use formula as the milk breeds bacteria like crazy

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Bottles until a year but spoons and dishes ect are ok after 6 months, basically everything til 6 months as like dw says bottles with milk can breed bacteria x

Im wondering about this too. With my first you stopped sterilising & making formula at 6 m/o - LO's went straight to cows milk back in those days (7yrs ago) now i've heard they've changed it so you cant give cows milk til 1 yr & you need to keep sterilising til you stop formula - as others said, coz of the bacteria.

:roll:

Hmmm - I'm asking because the other day I had to give her an unsterilised bottle (car broke down in the middle of nowhere) and luckily we had washed it out well but it wasn't sterile. She will take her milk cold and she seemed fine after! I mean, a few times if her dummy has fallen I just give it a wee rinse (or a wee sook if icant rinse it) and give her it back. She never been I'll from it, was just wondering about bottles too! I'll prob keep sterilising until a year or until she stops bottles I think x

Lol I tell a lie, the tyre was flat and wew had to pull over! I don't think that counts as broken down lol

I've had to do the same with Cesca a few times hun, I don't think it's a problem so long as it's not regularly xx

I've done the same with the dummy's and bottles like when I stayed in my hotel for a friends wedding and had to just use boiled water and washing up liquid. I think I may stop sterilising in feb and we go away again for 3 days an only have a kettle in our hotel room so may try and see how he gets on x

If I'm at a friends then I always clean the bottle out with boiling watere after cause I don't like the ilk sitting in em x lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back