When to start drinking raspberry leaf tea?

No idea I'm afraid but will be following this thread :)

Hopefully someone has the answer xx

I started drinking the tea at 32 weeks and built up but swapped to tablets as easier x

Thanks!

Wow, that's much earlier than I thought and 3 cups for me?! Think I will start with 1-2 for a couple of days and build from there.

What does it actually do? Help getting labor started?

Last edited:
I don't think it helps getting labour started I think they say it may help with the pushing stage of labour.

I started at 33weeks.

Thanks!

Got something called "Clipper organic raspberry leaf infusion" from planet organic.. Is this the stuff?

It says on the back "if pregnant seek medical advice before drinking this product. Raspberry leaf should be avoided by those in early stages of pregnancy"

Is it ok?

xx

My midwife said they don't advise until full term as some women are super sensitive to it & it can trigger straight away... Then of course you have the not so sensitive ones! I know you're not far ahead of me so i would start whenever you want :)

It gave me very strong BH contractions so I stopped taking it and then started again when I was overdue. I went into labour the next day so dont know if it was related or not. I know they say it doesnt start labour but it did have a strong effect on me. I also took it a week after labour when my uterus was still enlarged and it gave me contractions then too.

Thanks! Called my MW just in case and she said the reason why they put the warning on the package is because it can start labor. I am fine since over 37 weeks but she recommended waiting until 37 weeks..

Just had a cup and baby started moving like crazy! not sure if related or she just got excited :) xx

For it to be fully effective 37 weeks is abit too late. They usually say around 34 weeks as it has to work over time to strengthen the uterus muscle. The capsules are stronger I'd maybe switch from tea to capsules.
I was induced at 38 weeks so I started capsules at 32 weeks and took 4 a day.
It does not induce labour it only helps strengthen the uterus for a quicker labour.
Evening Primrose has natural prostaglandin in which is what induces labour x

Last edited:
For it to be fully effective 37 weeks is abit too late. They usually say around 34 weeks as it has to work over time to strengthen the uterus muscle. The capsules are stronger I'd maybe switch from tea to capsules.
I was induced at 38 weeks so I started capsules at 32 weeks and took 4 a day.
It does not induce labour it only helps strengthen the uterus for a quicker labour.
Evening Primrose has natural prostaglandin in which is what induces labour x

Thanks! Well almost 38 weeks so might be late but will just go with it and perhaps helps a little :)

Can i ask how many evening primrose oil capsules you took, what strenghts and from what week? Also, is it safe? Little scared since i cant find much info..

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back