When to start brushing

Mum2betash

Reaction score
Hello, I was just wondering when to start brushing teeth. Is it as soon as it appears/starts to poke out or is it once the tooth is fully out? Ibviously I want to start soon as but I can't help but think if I do it before the tooth is trough it's going to hurt her gum around the tooth??? X

I started when he had 2, they appeared within days of each other. I waited until they were up a bit. We brush twice a day.xxx

Thank you, yeh my lo has her first 2 coming through! Poor little thing- though she doesn't seem bothered. I will wait til they are up a bit more then, thank you for your reply. Xx

Oh bless her! W was the same wasn't bothered at all. He got them at 7months and 7months 1 week the 2nd came. He's 9.5 months and doesn't have anymore xx

Ethan's just got his first bottom tooth at 8 months. It took ages to actually come through properly though, even after it had cut through the gum. I started brushing it yesterday since it's come up more. We brush twice a day now xx

My lil man has eight teeth. I started brushing as soon as they came through.

I use the term brushing very loosely of course... I do my best to brush and Cam does his best to eat the toothbrush!

XX

I was told to sort of rub it with a damp flannel at first so u do t hurt the gums but still gets food/milk/saliva particles off the tooth x

I was told to sort of rub it with a damp flannel at first so u do t hurt the gums but still gets food/milk/saliva particles off the tooth x

That sounds like a better idea to start with! Thank you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back